You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tonight's it's the £2,000 Guaranteed Deepstack Showdown

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

As at late morning, only 8 players registered.

There are numerous affodable Satelites at intervals all afternoon, and it'd be a shame if this Tourney did not attract a decent field.

It's had rave reviews, with 32 runners in Week 1, & 29 in Week 2.

Satellite in, it's the affordable way.

I wish I could play it, but I'm working today, filming In-Poker in Nottingham, with Rich Orford (sigh), so if I don't get back Online today, good luck to all who play it.

Monday is my PTP night, & the beginning of the first week of the Sky Poker Super Seven, the nightly 10 seat affordable Deepies. Let's hope we can get off to a flyer with a decent field - I think Monday's 10 Seater is called "Spartacus", with a 7pm start.

Have a good Sunday, whatever you do.

Comments

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009

Yes TK this is the best satellite event for value ...I played a 6 quid sat  12 runners, and i'm in for a 100 entry !!!!
    Now without you TK and me in, (a small vino or two)  the rest must have a great chance !!

Get in for the value !!

Have a good day in Nottingham, and   oh did you see i got a copy of you and Richard practicing your dance routine together ....
    NOOO..( heheee )  take a look at the last entry in ( x files)  ..byeeeeeeeeee

benny
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    I would love to try and sat in however my experience is that on a Sunday they never reach 10 runners.

Plus strangely they are £12 entry and the seat is only given if it does reach 10 runners, if not then the cash if offered, wheras during the week it is £6 entry and a seat is given as long as 10 runners participate.

It is a very weird system for these satellites, and personally I think Sky need to adopt SnG satellites to this event rather than scheduled ones PLUS they need to offer parity with the ones during the week.

However if there is overlay tonight, which is a possibility, I will be buying in direct.
  • DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2009
    i got in last week like bennydip2 but this week the sats are not getting enuf entrants. iwill keep trying cus it a great tourny ......gl 2 all that play 2day

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

hi tikay

not sure yet m8 may have a go will check last sat entry also many thanks to yourself & Rich (appologies for not mentioning him on 2nd E-mail as was rushing but if he reads this when is his next blog as they are very inspiring to me)      for showing the A J hand from Velocity on last nights show the advice you gave was priceless to me as i new there was something missing from my game so have added that info to my simple guild notes i take to the table ( used to give me a kick when i start falling back to my bad habits)

good luck with tonight

michael
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited August 2009
    I agree with Scotty.  Reluctant to enter unless the prize structure is changed to mirror the £22 7.15 deepstck (have posted reasons elsewhere but no-one has answered).  Might be tempted if there is an overlay or if the runner get to thirty.
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
     Ive done a copy and paste from another thread on here,, This may help !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Maybe Sky should consider some smaller priced satellite for this event.
     Starting around  1 00, 3 00 , 5 00 and  (7 00  for the following night) through the week (daily) ....
     2 pound fast Sats to a Semi final at 7 00 each evening ....

example = 2.20 entry,  1 in 10 go through to semi = 22 semi = 1 in 5 go through to Sunday Deepstack 2k gtd

It's worth a look,  what with it being summer months and times are hard for everyone at the moment.

As the Tesco add goes, 'Every little helps" !!

glk benny
  • holdemstudholdemstud Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight's it's the £2,000 Guaranteed Deepstack Showdown:
     Ive done a copy and paste from another thread on here,, This may help ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maybe Sky should consider some smaller priced satellite for this event.  Starting around  1 00, 3 00 , 5 00 and  (7 00  for the following night) through the week (daily) ....  2 pound fast Sats to a Semi final at 7 00 each evening .... example = 2.20 entry,  1 in 10 go through to semi = 22 semi = 1 in 5 go through to Sunday Deepstack 2k gtd It's worth a look,  what with it being summer months and times are hard for everyone at the moment.   As the Tesco add goes, 'Every little helps" !! glk benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    **** ****........ thats asda price, can i just say one thing, right for somebody to pay £110 entry surely your got to think you can beet this field? not just try and make the cash, scotty solack il play n pay if you do