You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Deepstack Showdown

GriggGrigg Member Posts: 12
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Something needs to be done with this tournament. The satellite prices are too high for this tournament and your not nearly getting enough entries for it to be a class tournament. All the other poker sites have tournaments like this every hour. Sky needs to up its game if it wants to bring in more players and have more entries for its bigger tournies.

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    how can £6 into a £110 tournament be too much? Unless you are talking about doing lottery satelites?
  • GriggGrigg Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2009
    Satellite on other sites can be as low as $2 dollars and your lucky if thats £1.50. Thats how they get alot more entries into there tourneys.

Yeah satellites into other satellites would be good. Also SitNGo satellites.

Cheers
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    I tend to agree about the Satellites.  There is no way I will pay £110.00 to sit in any tournament so I have tried to play in some of the satellites only for them to be cancelled due to lack of interest, in one case I was the only player registered. 

Maybe to get more players involved they should run the tournaments every couple of weeks rather than monthly.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    The best way to generate interest for this tournie would be to run SnG satellites, 6max £18+2fee.

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    The thing is you do need to realise is this is sky's biggest buyin tournament on the site.... Therefore it will be way out of the price range for many players. Sometimes in these tourneys it is good to have a small high quality field. If you are buying into a trny of this size you should be having a MINIMUM of £1,000 in your bankroll, and i bet there are not many people who have that on here. Its just one of those things, the higher the buyin the less the runners but also the higher the satelite will be. Thats just how it is unfortunatly
  • Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited August 2009

Hey guys. We've revised the Satellite structure after reading through your posts.

There's now going to be a semi at £24 and several satellites into the semi at £2.40 and £4.20 as shown below:

£2k Deep Stack Semi

Every Saturday at 10pm, 1 in 5 entrants to the £2k Deep Stack on Sunday @ £24

£2k Deep Stack Sat

1pm – Monday to Saturday, 1 in 10 entrants to £2k Deep Stack Semi @ £2.40

3pm – Monday to Saturday, 1 in 5 entrants to £2k Deep Stack Semi @ £4.80

6pm – Monday to Saturday, 1 in 10 entrants to £2k Deep Stack Semi @£2.40

7.30pm – Monday to Saturday, 1 in 5 entrants to £2k Deep Stack Semi @£4.80

&

10pm – Monday to Friday, 1 in 5 entrants to £2k Deep Stack Semi @ £4.80

As usual, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this change.

All the best,
    Sky_Steve M

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Hi Steve I can't see any of the £6 direct sats anymore, have these been stopped?

Also surely the satelittles to the Deep Stack Semi should be called £2k Deep Stack Semi Sat?