You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker Points accumulation - clarification required please + suggestion

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi there,

I play a lot of cash tables...and have noticed that sometimes my poker points balance hasn't been going up as much as I would expect.

So I looked at the poker points guide and saw that you earn 9 points/20 raked hands on a 50nl table.  From what I can gather this is per table so for example if I played 2 50nl tables and played 19 raked hands then stood, then my poker points balance would not be increased even tho I have played 38 raked hands.

Now over the course of the month it will be very rare that players on Sky will sit down and stand up when they have reached 20/40/60 etc raked hands...it is more likely they will stand when they are on 29/52/78 and therefore they will be missing a significant porition of the poker points they are entitled too.

As a conservitive guide I would say that 25% of all hands played are not counted as raked due to this system.

I think that Sky need to change this 'PER TABLE' system and adopt a running total system which will be far, far fairer...

If you cannot introudce this system then how about a small raked hand counter on each table so people can see easily...this can easily go in the space between the hand number/clock

Comments

• Options
    holdemstudholdemstud Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2009
    hi scotty i can see you are getting alot of feedback on this?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points accumulation - clarification required please + suggestion:
    hi scotty i can see you are getting alot of feedback on this?
    Posted by holdemstud
    Thx, I only care what a Sky representive says tbf :)
  • Options
    KdanemKdanem Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2009
    zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    some input from Sky Rich would be nice thxxx
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points accumulation - clarification required please + suggestion:
    some input from Sky Rich would be nice thxxx
    Posted by scotty77
    scotty would u b kind enough to contact me thro my profile or read scores on the doors update ty
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sadly to say i wont relay ur message its betwwen the two of you, you put ur points across in a strange way as blogs can be about anything . many thx
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Many people put a lot of time n effort in doing the blogs think your sad comments are totally unjustified,, it would be a relief if you left your nasty comments in your mind...........
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    RazorKev could you please remove these posts from this thread please, this is a serious topic.  Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no sorry
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok then reported to the moderators for them to decide.

make it be known that i have no interest in stalking you bringing other issues into your threads.  it would have been nice if you made the same courtesy but that is your choice.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok then reported to the moderators for them to decide. make it be known that i have no interest in stalking you bringing other issues into your threads.  it would have been nice if you made the same courtesy but that is your choice.
    Posted by scotty77
    feel free ,i have 21 comments on my threads from you that are nothing about the thread ill post them all
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Razorkev you have 2 weeks on ignore.  I hope you think about what you have done long and hard.
  • Options
    AreaderAreader Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points accumulation - clarification required please + suggestion : Thx, I only care what a Sky representive says tbf :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi
    If that is what your after, then i suggest you dont use the open forum to find an answer. Then you wont get others on your thread.
    For some reason you have the dual ability to give very good advice, but also the ability to get peoples backs up, which is a shame.
    In my humble opinion if you cut out the caustic comments then maybe more people will give you more time.
    To your question, I personally dont play multi table cash but I agree that it should go on you overall number of raked hands that you play.
    If you dont get a reply from a sky rep, then why not email them and put it for the attention of sky rich.
    Hope this helps
    col
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Arereader thank you I will send Sky Rich a message...I didn't know I could do that.  Cheers sir!
  • Options
    AreaderAreader Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    Arereader thank you I will send Sky Rich a message...I didn't know I could do that.  Cheers sir!
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi Scotty,
    Its actually mr-mbro, on my wifes account, as mine is on 24hr stop, but it cant harm to try it m8
    You might want go onto his profile and request to be a friend and then put a message to him.
    If you dont know how, then click on his name then his profile will come up.
    col
  • Options
    Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited August 2009
    Hi Scotty77

I'll get you a decent response from one of the Poker bods shortly. Sorry it's taken a day to get back to you.

Steve M
  • Options
    Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited August 2009
    Scotty. I've spoken with our development team and they've told me that we should be seeing a change to the poker points system by the end of September which will address the issue you've described. I haven't got any further details for now, but we should be able to announce something closer to the time.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Steve thank you very much!  Look forward to the changes. 
  • Options
    -v--v- Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2009

Scotty,

Maybe this wouldnt be a problem if you didn't run off everytime you sat down and won a couple of hands looool

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Scotty, Maybe this wouldnt be a problem if you didn't run off everytime you sat down and won a couple of hands looool
    Posted by -v-
    eh?  if I've been winning at a table I stayyyyyyy....if I lose and then I insta-go lol

cos obv the only way u win at online poker is if you are in the rigged seat, you do know that right?!?!