You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Deepstack league? Yes/No

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Shall we start a league now we are going to have daily deepstacks.. (this will be for the smaller buyin trnys). Yes/No 1st one will be tonight if we want to do it, I can run it but will need others to fill in gaps when im not here, If yes then we need a point structure ... comments below

Comments

• KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Deepstack league? Yes/No:
    Shall we start a league now we are going to have daily deepstacks.. (this will be for the smaller buyin trnys). Yes/No 1st one will be tonight if we want to do it, I can run it but will need others to fill in gaps when im not here, If yes then we need a point structure ... comments below
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes,  a league would be a cracking idea.
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Yes we should mate. I'll try and fill in whenever I can on getting and posting results. Perhaps simply take the number of runners and reverse the points eg 36 runners winner gets 36 points down to 36th who gets 1 point. Bonus points for final tablists regardless could also be used?
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited August 2009
    yes m8 do it as a blog???
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    shall we do top 10 get points... 10,9,8,7, etc... or shall we have top 20?

or go with phils idea?
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepstack league? Yes/No:
    shall we do top 10 get points... 10,9,8,7, etc... or shall we have top 20? or go with phils idea?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    actually i like phils idea... making it more points for winning in a higher field... i dont think we should change the points depending on buyins as they will get too complicated
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009

I'll support this in any way I can.

As many players can't or don't play every night, it needs to be some sort of "averaged" points system - points scored divided by Tourneys played etc.

There should be no differential based upon Buy-In Levels - the guys in the £3 jobbies should have the same chance of winning as those in the tenner jobbies.

I'm busy tonight, but will comment further tomorrow.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepstack league? Yes/No:
    In Response to Re: Deepstack league? Yes/No : actually i like phils idea... making it more points for winning in a higher field... i dont think we should change the points depending on buyins as they will get too complicated
    Posted by FlashFlush
    That's close to my line of thinking.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Phil's idea seems good to me.
    I think total aggregate scores is fine (rather than Tikay's average) since it rewards "loyalty" to the games.

Ooops, did I just say "Tikay's average"?
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited August 2009
    It would have to be averaged to be meaningful, and should include the £22 7.15.
    edited August 2009

as iv just had my computer formatted recently i havent got anything on it in the way of excel, so when i do ill make it a bit more weird and wonderful... but at the moment its just going down on good old notepad

• DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009

Sounds fun...would say minimum of 3 played though before you get on the scoreboard, otherwise you could play and win 1....

• GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Flash, im for this, and will help run it no probs.

• Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    I would be in.
    Should be a bonus tho for top 3 each night.
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    Great Idea..
    Would it be just the 7:15 games, or others too?