You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

chatting

anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
do you think chatting puts you off the game. i am terrible for chatting and sometimes i look up and some1 has gone out. i think i am going 2 chat less . so please dont think i am being rude but i am going 2 concentrate more. x

Comments

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    In Response to chatting:
    do you think chatting puts you off the game. i am terrible for chatting and sometimes i look up and some1 has gone out. i think i am going 2 chat less . so please dont think i am being rude but i am going 2 concentrate more. x
    Posted by anjie1970
    Probably ok in a deepy and if you are not multi-tabling?!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009
    In Response to chatting:
    Posted by anjie1970
    Concentrate MORE?

God help us all......
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Yes and no.  I used to be very very aggresive in the chat box, but now I just try and wind people up with smart but non-offensive comments.

There have been a few times when I;ve timed out and folded AA due to being busy in the chat box.

If I'm grinding 4plus tables then I will rarely chat tho
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    I don't mind a natter but do find it distracting - often spending more time gassing than focusing on what's happening on the table! So I try to keep it to a minimum these days. My brain can't really handle two things at once.

• GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009

Chatting can be distracting in BIG tournies, like the Vegas satellites, or if im going deep in the open down to last 2 tables or something i will always turn the chat off.

However, in deepies and normal games the chat is on because chatting and light hearted banter is all part of the fun of playing imo

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: chatting:
    Chatting can be distracting in BIG tournies, like the Vegas satellites, or if im going deep in the open down to last 2 tables or something i will always turn the chat off. However, in deepies and normal games the chat is on because chatting and light hearted banter is all part of the fun of playing imo
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Guess you never have to turn off your chat then Greg lol ;)
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2009
    chatting lol where do ou want me start................... xmas springs to mind hehehehe 

• GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: chatting : Guess you never have to turn off your chat then Greg lol ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    So true sadly:)
  • codcod Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2009
    id like 2 chat please
  • anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited August 2009
    chatting lol where do ou want me start................... xmas springs to mind hehehehe
    Posted by mickjenn1
    ahh bless ya 3 months will fly by.
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    Anjie ...Chatting less .. YOU ???  jeez the way you were  chatting tonight i thought i might need some ear plugs !!

Nah bless,   it was good having a chat with you at the tables tonight ,i think you were card dead most of the time and unlucky to walk into pocket AA's but these things happen ....x

What i will say if it helps your game, chatting is ok, however when your down to the last  2 or 3 tables in a tournament, things are then serious.
    Depending on the money involved  a bit of advice,
    say,  "GG sorry chats off  glk all"   and then  look at the chat if you want but don't get involved, your there to win not make friends (may sound hard but concentrate on your game at this stage)

glk  benny xx
  • anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited August 2009
    Anjie ...Chatting less .. YOU ???  jeez the way you were  chatting tonight i thought i might need some ear plugs !! Nah bless,   it was good having a chat with you at the tables tonight ,i think you were card dead most of the time and unlucky to walk into pocket AA's but these things happen ....x What i will say if it helps your game, chatting is ok, however when your down to the last  2 or 3 tables in a tournament, things are then serious. Depending on the money involved  a bit of advice, say,  "GG sorry chats off  glk all"   and then  look at the chat if you want but don't get involved, your there to win not make friends (may sound hard but concentrate on your game at this stage) glk  benny xx
    Posted by bennydip2
    lol benny , i knew i wouldnt last a day .x