You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Another 10 seater affordable Deepie tonight. The fun goes on!

13»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Another 10 seater affordable Deepie tonight. The fun goes on!:
    Hi all just had my skypoker deepstack debut - taken out after two hours finished 41st ... lessons learnt from this experience - dont try and take mr Styles off a pot lol & dont run two pair into big chipstack on table... took a big hit before the 2nd break and then out the door after 3rd hand into the 3rd hour. thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back for more
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Good to hear. It's the only reason to play poker!

Let's get these 10 Seater Deepies rocking & rolling.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Another 10 seater affordable Deepie tonight. The fun goes on!:
    im out as well...27th or so i think AK for me...raise...call....flop 235 (i think) pot commited AK and gutshot...all in ...called by ...AA..out. Ah well. Had a ball.
    Posted by Draig
    Sing my song! Who needs fast Tourneys when you can have a ball in these?
  • mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Another 10 seater affordable Deepie tonight. The fun goes on! : That exit of yours was just soooo ugly Mike. Keep plugging away, & you'll be rewarded for doing the right things over time.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i have put that hand in the strategy section, i kept thinking he had AK but i called anyway, beating myself up about it.

i also posted the A 10 hand, just for a bit more feedback. they are both in the same thread.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Another 10 seater affordable Deepie tonight. The fun goes on! : i have put that hand in the strategy section, i kept thinking he had AK but i called anyway, beating myself up about it. i also posted the A 10 hand, just for a bit more feedback. they are both in the same thread.
    Posted by mike1975
    Your Exit hand.

I think the problem was pre-flop. Peeps call very wide here, so I think a bigger Pre-Flop Raise might get rid of the others, but they are both big dogs to you, so in a way, you want some action.

The specific problem here was three-fold.

1) barstools was Calling everyone, & very wide. He'd had AA v KK early, & a few other coups, so was calling any Raise almost Blind. So he had a mountain of chips, & was playing gung-ho poker. Hard to get these guys off hands.

2) Once HE smoothed, that gave Flash a fair price to Call. I don't know what his hand was, but he had a good price, & he's capable of being lairy.

3) That Flop. It's just a HORRIBLE Flop, as wet as wet could be. Any sort of Raising hand is likely to be "adjacent" to that, with lots of draws & two-pairy-type made hands. But you had a re-draw, too, top Pair & any A or 9 is likely to be good. Wish so much money in, it's hard to Pass that, especially against a loosey like barstools. It IS Passable - but I'm not sure many would, could, or should.

You were just cold-decked by that combo of specific circumstances.

I won't comment very much on the A-Ten hand, as I was involved in that, & that'd be unfair, & hard for me to be objective. Except to say, your play would possibly be deemed correct in a fasty-fasty 9pm Open - but not a slowy-slowy Deepie. You had Raised, & I had re-Raised. You just ask yourself what my Re-raising "range" is there. The answer can only be 4 hands - AA, KK, QQ, or AK.

All in my opinion, I hasten to add.
  • McRatManMcRatMan Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2009
    Deepstacks are the best tournaments on here by miles, i was in the one yesterday and had a load of fun, im gonna be in the 00.15 one tonight as well, i hope as many ppl as possible eneter these, because i love them and wanna play more
    edited August 2009
    Deepstacks are the best tournaments on here by miles, i was in the one yesterday and had a load of fun, im gonna be in the 00.15 one tonight as well, i hope as many ppl as possible eneter these, because i love them and wanna play more
    Posted by McRatMan
    In one last night? You won it!

I beliewve that Tourney - the 7pm Monday 10 Seater Deepie - will be called the "McRatMan D/Stack" next week.

Well done you.
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    Yup had a ball. Especially after being down to 400 or so chips after first couple of hands...

Fun fun fun...
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Tikay. Any advice for next week, obviously i wanna win it again, but how differently am i gonna have to play with a bounty on me?
    edited August 2009

I don't think you need advice from me!

I'm running as bad as a bad thing right now. Do the opposite to what I do!

Seriously, it does play different if there is a Bounty on you, it increases the equity in the hand, but I think you just play your own game. You'll get callled very wide, but if your hand holds up, you'll get handsomely paid.

Good Luck for the 2-timer mate.
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

hi tikay came 23rd missed last nites will play again tomorrow 7pm great tourney

dtw
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited August 2009
    love the deepies but cant lose the fast side of sky poker
    edited August 2009
            hi tikay came 23rd missed last nites will play again tomorrow 7pm great tourney        dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Nice one Michael - tidy Tourney, eh?
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Another 10 seater affordable Deepie tonight. The fun goes on! : Nice one Michael - tidy Tourney, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10

sure is tony ran into aces i had QQ never limped am learning happy with 23rd just had a look at league am 47th on 75 points good start for me

cheers m8

michael
    edited August 2009
    Just started the 00.15 Deep Stack, and we have 42 entrants. A couple of weeks ago we was only getting 10-20. Im glad these deep stacks are picking up nicely.
  • DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited August 2009
    Playing with a bounty on your head means you will get called by a large range just for them to outflop you because of their increased equity giving them better odds with worse hands. This can work both ways for you, but my advice would be to mix your game up alot more than usual. Also, the deeper stack gives you an opportunity to get 3 streets of value out of the villains, they will likely call with thin draws and so you can take the fish to valuetown. Play your premium hands very aggressively to isolate (4bb+1bb for every limper preflop; 2/3-3/4 bets postflop) and be wary that your cbets will probably be getting floated alot more so double barreling may be your only bluff with any value (but pick your spots carefully). Also, remember people will pay you off with TPTK or middle pairs all day long, so no slowplaying, raise and raise big when you hit a good hand... all because of the bounty ;)
  • rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited August 2009
    Almost 100 entrants, good going!  Looks as if a lot of people are enjoying playing them.  Hopefully get another chance to play in a deepie on Friday.
  • MRDICKIEMRDICKIE Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2009

Great tourney and fantastic value for £5. Everyone played in great spirit as well, we even had a rail on the final table!

Finished 9th. My AK sooted cracked by AJ.
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2009
    MY 1ST 10 SEATER TOURNY REALLY ENJOYED IT. FINISHED 12TH THINK MICKY BLUE AND I WENT OUT AT SAME TIME ON LAST 2 TABLES GRRR. GOT LUCKY WITH A COUPLE OF ALL INS BUT DIDNT GET ANY ABUSE NICE TO PLAY WITH SOME ADULTS FOR A CHANGE LOL
    LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEXT GO PROBABLY SUNDAY
    BIG THANKS TO ALL THE OTHER 96 PLAYERS. ITS NICE TO LOOK DOWN THE LIST TO SEE YOUR NAME ABOVE SOME REALLY GOOD PLAYERS. CHEERS ALL