You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

HOW WOULD YOU REACT

mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,
This happened on Annie dukes deepstack, last night.

Hand History #184659329 (21:47 17/08/2009)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BubbleFish Small blind  600.00 600.00 10905.00
Daxie Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 18463.75
  Your hole cards

Tikay10 Fold     
swampy78 Fold     
mr_mbro Raise  3600.00 5400.00 25440.00
_AppleMac_ Fold     
chops77 Fold     
jamo1 Fold     
BubbleFish Fold     
Daxie All-in  18463.75 23863.75 0.00
mr_mbro Call  16063.75 39927.50 9376.25
Flop

• Q

Turn

• A

River

• A

Daxie Show
  • A

mr_mbro Show

Daxie Win Full House, Aces and 8s 39927.50  39927
I have to admit that it was probably a bad call but i would have been chip leader and was still left with 9000 plus.
Any way
How would you react, call him a fish, rant that its fixed, abuse everyone, or like me just put nh and onto the next hand.

Col

Comments

• mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009

Hi
    Sorry for mucking up the text its the first hand ive tried to bring across, and failed really
    Better luck next time lool

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Depends how you have been playing - have you been pretty active PF?  Have you raise/folded PF a lot?

The push with A8 isn't terrible especially by your own admission that you nearly passed (which I don't think you can ever do here btw)...if you nearly pass 88 then what do you do with AJ/AT/KQ/55 etc which IMO are all in the PF raising range here....so the villain does get a lot of folds PLUS a lot of the time he/she are in races with underpairs.

However I doubt that the opponent was thinking of that....I would presume that he/she was adopting an Open-esq philosphey of just pushing with any Ax.

Very UL sir but I can't see how you can ever get away here.

EDIT: Actually I read that wrong you never said you nearly passed, you said it was a bad call.  I don't think it was bad, but then again I'm a fish....but I do like your philosphy of getting chips to go for the win rather than just looking to cash so in that respect the call is fineeeeeee

EDIT 2:  With the chip stacks then you can find a fold and still be reasonable with about 16bb I think??? I dunno the more I think the more I think it can be a pass but if I was at the table I'd prob insta snap call....its very close but the main thing is you got the money in a 70% favourite and the villain was drawing dead to runner runner 3 and then 2 outers.  Not a bad spot to get it in tbf.

EDIT 3: Now I'm actually answering your question and I would put LOL NH WP
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    been getting stuuf like this for the last 10 days straight

I just laugh it off kick the cat, fling the keyboard over the bedroom and then get a beer.

Then sign up for another and watch it happen all over again.

I'm borderline Area51 at this point :)
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    P.S.

I find it a little easier to take in a deepie than on the others, as generally the deepie players know what they are doing more.

I won;t bore you with all the bad beats I have had this last few days because it is sickening.

Ah well.

I play for fun.

Thankfully. Or I would go insane.
    edited August 2009
    Hi Scotty
     every time i had a good hand i would raise and when i went to showdowns i had best hand(except once),so not as if i had shown any rubbish.
    I was more concerned that with all the conspiracy theories going around that some players can take a horrendous bad beat with some sort of dignity
    col
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Ah ok Col you see if you came on here with something like OMG its so rigged I hate Sky I'm gonna kill myself I'd have said something mean but as you actually posted an interesting spot then I'm nice :)

BTW read my edit 2 cos I actually think this hand is interesting and am still undecided about the best course of action.
  • RESTORMELRESTORMEL Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2009

I would probably be fist pumping the flop followed by staring incredulously at the screen after seeing those turn and river cards............say a very weary FFS under my breath and get on with playing the next hand.  I wouldn't berate the other player, whats the point, we both chose to get it in pre flop with less than premium cards and .............he'll still have my chips and no amount of abuse and ranting is gonna get them back. 

Mind you, might be different if all the money went in on the flop.......... ;-)

• FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited August 2009
    If I've got my tight head on I'd fold  88 to the big reraise....

but then again I'm not often in that state of mind amnd I'd have done just as you did.....

Then I'd type

NH

( not that I'd mean it )

and go and sulk for a while, have a think and promise myself not to call that raise again ( well till next time )
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2009
    i'd just say OY----NUTTER ----then threaten to tell my mum if he wont say sorry--lol--funny old game --init?
    edited August 2009
    really tho--with nearly 10 bbs left should you lose--i think you made a brave and correct call----wp
    edited August 2009
    i'd just say OY----NUTTER ----then threaten to tell my mum if he wont say sorry--lol--funny old game --init?
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2009
    It's happened to me a few times now Col.

Got to the stage where I roll my eyes skywards and shout "oh ffs! not again!!" lol

It's a pain but that's poker....
  • rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited August 2009
    Hi Col,

Witnessed the very hand and you handled it brilliantly.  No mad rant or abuse.  The turn & river were shocking cards.  You're a gentleman sir!

Cheers

Ross
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW WOULD YOU REACT:
    Hi Col, Witnessed the very hand and you handled it brilliantly.  No mad rant or abuse.  The turn & river were shocking cards.  You're a gentleman sir! Cheers Ross
    Posted by rossjb14
    Hi Ross,
    Thanks for that mate. What people have to realise is that this is a game and has no place for rudeness and abuse.
    Too many think its alright to have a go at the player who has won the hand, its not there fault how the cards fall and no matter how many people have a go at them they are not going to change their ways.
    So I say this to all players.
    STOP IT PLEASE, AND ACT LIKE HUMANS. It is the nature of the game.
    A final thought, You would not get away with this in a live game.

col