You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

photo approval

loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
edited September 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Sort it out sky! it should not take half a day + to approve/reject a photo, its even happening in the 'live' show threads where the sky presenters ask for photos and they are not approved til the next day! ATM it is a joke why dont you not get it 'flagged up' when a poster wishes approval or is that too technical? this ruins the forum! it should only take an hour at the most, like everywhere else!

Comments

• donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited September 2010
    +1

For the right fee i can be your picture approver as i have alot of time on my hands right now................................................:)
  • POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited September 2010
    Loony you are barking up the wrong picture frame.

1. For it to be approved sky need to ensure it has no copyright and has already been released to into public domain.
    2.They have to make sure that it contains no explicit sexual content/nature or connotation.
    3. They have to ensure that it is acceptable to under 18s
    4. They also need to have a.......

"Little Perve over it"

a "Geeze I cant Believe its not butter Moment"

and most of all a Jaw aching

"Thats the best and funniest thing i've seen since slice bread moment"

and once they have wiped the tears from their eyes and any other wet and sticky moments they have had, they can then upload them to the server whilst still having a little chuckle over it.

So as you can see these technical issues need to be dealt with prior to publication. I hope you fully understand the situation and thank you for your patients.

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2010
    Sorry about this loony. Photo approval times during the night can sometimes be a little longer than normal.

Usually we aim to approve a picture within the hour but obviously during times where there aren't as many staff on call this can take longer. In our guidelines of use we state that all photos will be approved within 24 hours ( it'll normally be quicker but this is just to cover ourselves).

thanks for staying patient!
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: photo approval:
    Sorry about this loony. Photo approval times during the night can sometimes be a little longer than normal. Usually we aim to approve a picture within the hour but obviously during times where there aren't as many staff on call this can take longer. In our guidelines of use we state that all photos will be approved within 24 hours ( it'll normally be quicker but this is just to cover ourselves). thanks for staying patient!
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Why do you feel the need to 'check' photos? I've never seen a photo go up in under 4 hours let alone 1 and with the number of people regularly on here you could easily have it done by a relatively respectable forummer!

Is this another thing to do with 'pluck' stupidity?
  • ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited September 2010
    Beaneh the photo-checker ftw
    edited September 2010
    Because this is a Sky site all user photos have to be vetted before going up on the site. they're just the rules i'm afraid. Monday-Friday, 9-5 we approve pictures within the hour so perhaps get used to clicking control f5 to get rid of the awaiting approval image and see your newly approved pic.

cheers!
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: photo approval:
    Because this is a Sky site all user photos have to be vetted before going up on the site. they're just the rules i'm afraid. Monday-Friday, 9-5 we approve pictures within the hour so perhaps get used to clicking control f5 to get rid of the awaiting approval image and see your newly approved pic. cheers!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Could you not use someone from mumbai during the night when you are all at home, or have a part time sky moderator working from home (my daughter does this on a bingo site), im only saying this because a lot of the photo banter goes on in the evening when we are not at work, and a lot of the time it loses its humour or relevance the next day! Maybe employ someone from 8pm til midnight even if its just at the weekend Friday and saturday. I like beanehs suggestion as well - train a forum regular up to approve the photos, make it official if ya want, i reckon it aint to difficult to weed out pictures which contain or insinuate profanities, are copyrighted, or contain company links!
    edited September 2010
    we actually do have a couple of staff looking at this during the night but their responsibilities also include a few other tasks... so sometime photos may take slightly longer to be approved.

i'll give them a nudge and try and make this a faster process.

when you upload a picture get used to clicking control +f5. it's fairly frequent that pics get approved but your cache stores the awaiting approval image. hitting control+f5 will clear this and bring the picture into view.