You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

THICK NEW PLAYER

morrisminomorrismino Member Posts: 1
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU BET AS I HAVE HAD 2 GOES AND LOST £10 BECAUSE I DID NOT UNDERSTAND .I DO KNOW HOW TO PLAY POKER BUT NEVER ON LINE BEFORE

Comments

• mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited August 2009
    Hello morrismino,

Welcome to Sky, i hope you enjoy your stay :)

ok, the table has opened up and you have been dealt cards, at the bottom right of the table window is your action box.

You have 3 main buttons, fold, call/check and raise. if you press the raise button, you will do a min raise.

If you wish to raise more, you have a slide bar above those buttons that you can adjust the amount, or you can type the amount you wish to raise in the box which already has the min raise amount in, its next to the slider.

There are also buttons just under the slider , that let you bet amounts in relation to the pot , half pot and so on.

I hope that helps, i would recommend you have a go on the free tables until you get the hang of it.

Any other questions, feel free to ask and someone will answer.

Welcome again :)
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009

hi morrismino,like mike,i would recommend using the free tables . give yourself time to get used to everything.you will want to concentrate on the poker and not be wondering what to press , where and when.  you will find the free tables under -- free play games -  . best of luck.