You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Luton & Sky!!!!!!!!!!

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi peeps

As most of you will know, tikay, Richard and some of the Sky team are invading Luton tonight, is Luton prepared for this invasion?, I hope not and pity them. :)

I would like to wish the whole team Good Luck,and expect a full report on how at least two of them reached the Final Table and how one of them won it.

Failing this, I for one would like to hear how it went anyway ;)

GOOD LUCK ALL GO GET EM

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009

Thanks Barry.

You'll get a full report, piccies & all, I promise, & I'll give Orford the rubdown on Saturday's Show.

PS - Good to see you back Railing last night. Place was not the same without you.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Rich to cash again I reckon - mainly as that will result in excellent copy for your blog tk :)
  • Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2009
    My money is on Alan (Producer) to take home the last longer. He's dangerous and elusive at the table so watch out. Shame I can't be there tonight to defend my title.

Have fun chaps.

Andy
    edited August 2009
    Al 'The Hitman' Rodgers. Be afraid peoples...
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Luton & Sky!!!!!!!!!!:
    I'll give Orford the rubdown on Saturday's Show.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Urrgh, don't think we need to see that! :-D

Best of luck folks, have a great game. Cheers!

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

hiya barry good to see you back m8  who do you think will cash most Tikay or Rich ?

michael
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
          hiya barry good to see you back m8  who do you think will cash most Tikay or Rich ?       michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
     Dont ask me why, but I fancy Richard and tikay HU and tikay to win, just a funny feeling.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Luton & Sky!!!!!!!!!! :  Dont ask me why, but I fancy Richard and tikay HU and tikay to win, just a funny feeling.
    Posted by acebarry10
    That's a VERY funny feeling.
  • mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Luton & Sky!!!!!!!!!! :  Dont ask me why, but I fancy Richard and tikay
    Posted by acebarry10
    dont we all?...........
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    Hi people's,   Well,  just got back home, around 11.30 so you now know i did no good, no bad-beat story
     just bad-timing ...eek ..
    Met up with some of the players along with Bob Hope and James Cagney err  sorry Richard and TK ..
    When the tables settled i found myself on table 10  in  seat  1
    and who should sit next me in seat  2 Andy (sky producer)  Such a  nice man , he's promised me he would arrange for TK and Richard to do a 'Tap Dance' routine on a later show,  a bit like the Bob Hope and James Cagney one in the thread (x Files)   .. Well that's dropped those two boy'os in it !!!  
    I think a good night was had by all, who knows they might even get  a result, for me ... luv'ed it
    (apart from the early exit,)  
    Still just in time for the  500 velocity  ... happy days

benny
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    Well just got back to Nottingham after a good evening at Luton and 4 hours play ending in the usual suckout. No complaints however and it was good to meet up with the team again plus Bennydip, Chompy and Scotty77.
    A good evening had by all, I believe.

Look out for some unbelievable news from the last longest front!!!!!
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Hi guys well lots of fun at Luton tonight, met Tikay/Bennydip/Huck-Nall and some others who's name escape me.

Also played on a table with Rich Orford, but they moved me after only a couple of rounds!!!  BTW I was shocked that you played so good Rich, after what Tikay and co say about you
    I was expecting free chips but sadly that wasn't the case :(

I had a decent tournie considering I laid down 2 big big hands (one of which can be confirmed by Rich lol).

I was down to about 5k at one point when blinds were 200/400...managed to get this upto 25k by pure agrression and also calling a very bad bluff by someone who missed a flush draw while I had like 9th pair.

So anyway 25k chips, blinds were 600/1200 and average stack about 16k when I get KK AIPF...against AA of course cos thats just how I roll :(

Next hand was funny I had 6.8k left and am BTN with 89cc...some random who seemed pretty terribad makes it 3k from C/O...I just push cos I have like 5bb and a SC is better in that spot IMO than a big A/K...SB fold and BB folds the C/O takes about 5 mins to call my 3.8k AI raise and flips over AJ like WTGF was so annoyed cos a slowroll like that deserves to be punished by a river that ships it to me but that didn't happen :(

Out in about 55th I think of 91 runners.

No seats on cash table and waitlist 5 deep so just go home but at least I had my iPod for companyyyy

Was a lot of fun and can't wait for the next Sky poker meet up.
    edited August 2009
    When the tables settled i found myself on table 10  in  seat  1 and who should sit next me in seat  2 Andy (sky producer)  Such a  nice man , he's promised me he would arrange for TK and Richard to do a 'Tap Dance' routine on a later show
    Hi Benny,

I don't think my colleage Alan would be too happy with you mistaking him for me - Alan (slim and bald)....Andy (fat with glasses). But I think he'll be chuffed with the compliment.
    As for the Tap Dance. We should go the whole hog Busby Berkeley style with Michelle as Esther Williams, and Ed, DP and Trev doing 'On the Town' in sailors suits.

I'll pitch it today. Lol

Andy
  • Chompy_imoChompy_imo Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2009
    Good to meet you Huck Nall. Just a shame one of the regs put a dampener on what had been a good table atmos with his childish antics.
    For the record, your suck out is officially known as being 'Ruppinated'. John Ruppin was your executioner, calling an all-in shove with K9 on a 10 9 4 flop. Just LOL.
    How far up the M1 had you got before you finally stopped shaking your head in disbelief?
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Luton & Sky!!!!!!!!!! : Hi Benny, I don't think my colleage Alan would be too happy with you mistaking him for me - Alan (slim and bald)....Andy (fat with glasses). But I think he'll be chuffed with the compliment. As for the Tap Dance. We should go the whole hog Busby Berkeley style with Michelle as Esther Williams, and Ed, DP and Trev doing 'On the Town' in sailors suits. I'll pitch it today. Lol Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy

Oh yeah .. sorry Alan ..sorry Andy...(jeez i only had  one drink as well)   He (Alan) was good fun and chatty, he was telling me about the coordinating and links while the show goes out ... talk about multi tasking !!!

Yep i agree..'go the whole hog' ....
    A Christmas Special maybe,  Or how about Michelle as Ann Millar , now that i would like to see !!

Take a look Ann Millar dancing with the guys from "OnThe Town" !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM4L38u5vpE