You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bankroll management

johns0122johns0122 Member Posts: 22
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I understand the concept of bankroll & never playing with more than 5% when playing cash poker. The question i ask is how much % / amount of your bankroll should lose before stop playing. I see other players reloading two, three, four times when multi-tabling. i have been gulity of this myself especially after a suck out....... Now the pro's say that can keep playing as long as your making the correct desicions. So far the sake of this discussion lets say have a bankroll of  2k

when should stop & come back another day 50 / 100 / 200 / more????????????

Now ideally this would not even be a worry because would be in profit all the time....but at the moment i cant quite master that!!!!!!

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    Personally im not a cash player, but if i was.... It depends on how you feel the table is going... if all your pull ups are because of bad beats and you feel you are a better player/have reads on all other players and in the long run you will win, then keep going... If you are being outplayed then call it a day ASAP or switch tables
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    If I recall correctly you are a reg in the 100/200 games yeah?

Some of those games get super aggro so variance shoots up, really it should be 100BIs for those reggy games multitabling but I think that 50 is fine.

Stop-loss is a tool that a lot of players use.  I would say if you drop 10% of your roll in one day you should probably quit.

That being said I've had some 30BI downswings in a day so who I am to talk.