You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

[SOLUTION] Games stop auto loading in Firefox

FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
edited September 2010 in Community Help & Advice
A while ago, I noticed that after playing a load of sit n' gos, the new games stopped popping up automatically. I played around with the Firefox popup blocker settings, first allowing all popups from Skypoker. That made no difference. I then turned off the popup blocker but the problem still existed. After a bit of Googling, it turns out that Firefox has a hard-coded setting that will only allow a website 20 popups per session. So after 20 sit n' gos, new tables would no longer popup as expected. This would apply to ALL popups, whether they are cash games or tournies.

To fix the problem, type about:config into the Firefox address bar and press enter. Heed the warning message and click the button. In the Filter: bar at the top, type dom.popup. You should now see a couple of preferences, one of which is called dom.popup_maximum. Note that the current setting is 20. Double click on the setting, change it to a bigger number (e.g. 999) and click OK to save it. Restart Firefox to enable the change.

Took me a while to find this solution, so thought I would share it...

Comments

• Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited September 2010
    In Response to [SOLUTION] Games stop auto loading in Firefox:
    A while ago, I noticed that after playing a load of sit n' gos, the new games stopped popping up automatically. I played around with the Firefox popup blocker settings, first allowing all popups from Skypoker. That made no difference. I then turned off the popup blocker but the problem still existed. After a bit of Googling, it turns out that Firefox has a hard-coded setting that will only allow a website 20 popups per session. So after 20 sit n' gos, new tables would no longer popup as expected. This would apply to ALL popups, whether they are cash games or tournies. To fix the problem, type about:config into the Firefox address bar and press enter. Heed the warning message and click the button. In the Filter: bar at the top, type dom.popup. You should now see a couple of preferences, one of which is called dom.popup_maximum. Note that the current setting is 20. Double click on the setting, change it to a bigger number (e.g. 999) and click OK to save it. Restart Firefox to enable the change. Took me a while to find this solution, so thought I would share it...
    Posted by FishingPhi
    Hi Phil,

Nice work finding this out, very useful to know and i'm sure there are people who have been affected by this.

Just out of interest, do you know what Firefox defines as a session? Is it cookie based or simply based on how long your browser has been open pointing at that page?

I.E. If I close Firefox and relaunch does that reset the pop up setting back to zero? If I keep FF open but switch to say google then back to Sky Poker does that class as a new session?

Best Wishes

adam
  • FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2010
    Hi Phil, Nice work finding this out, very useful to know and i'm sure there are people who have been affected by this. Just out of interest, do you know what Firefox defines as a session? Is it cookie based or simply based on how long your browser has been open pointing at that page? I.E. If I close Firefox and relaunch does that reset the pop up setting back to zero? If I keep FF open but switch to say google then back to Sky Poker does that class as a new session? Best Wishes adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Not 100% sure but it seems to be based on a single page so will probably reset if you navigate to another page and then back again or restart firefox. I noticed it because I normally open the Sit & Go tab in the lobby, set my filters and then leave that page as-is throughout my session. I've just tried dropping the dom.popup_maximum to 2 and launched some tables via the "observe" button and couldn't replicate the original problem. Must confess that I found this solution about 3 or 4 months ago, so do it automatically when I upgrade firefox and have therefore not encountered it recently.
    More info here: http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=en-US&comments_parentId=601467&forumId=1