You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sit "n" Go Success Round 2

Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi guys, I've been playing for around 2 months now, about 1 month ago I posted about how I cashed in my first 10 30p DYM's which was a nice start. Since then I've been following the advice of only putting down 5% of my bankroll and it has been going very well.

It was hard work getting there but when I finally reached the £12 mark it gave me a real boost. Now I've moved onto £13.79 playing the 60p DYM's, ofcourse many will read this and think oh a measly 13 quid but when you have grafted hard, played well and stuck to the rules it feels very forfilling.

I had some sticky patches due to bad luck, for example I got to £11.99 and then went on to lose my next 5 which was pretty tough, but I then had a days break to clear my mind and then climbed back up. Although amazingly when I won 2 games to start moving back up, my internet went down for 10 days meaning I was doing good and had to go cold turkey when there was no need. lol

I would also say the main thing I've added to my game since last time is the continuation bet, which has been very successful. And my biggest advice never play when your angry. ;)

Comments

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Well done mate, stick to the grind. I am doing similar... working wonders and grinding up and up, but it is hard and you will get dips. The C bet is a nice weapon, just watch out for floaters;) oh errrrrrrr lol
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2009
    Trying to do the same as you guys but hit a bad patch (went on tilt then and lost all £7.62)

But I'm on my way back. Got placed in the Community freeroll the other night and won 88p (Got my chips all-in first with QQ on the cut off and went out to the button holding KK)........

Soooo..... Got  to grind my way back.

See you at the tables...
  • Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sit "n" Go Success Round 2:
    Trying to do the same as you guys but hit a bad patch (went on tilt then and lost all £7.62) But I'm on my way back. Got placed in the Community freeroll the other night and won 88p (Got my chips all-in first with QQ on the cut off and went out to the button holding KK)........ Soooo..... Got  to grind my way back. See you at the tables...
    Posted by bobcat52
    I had similar trouble in a DYM went all in with QQ on SB got called by AA, without that I'd be on 10 cash streak, but that's poker.
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009
    well done  dudeskin . a few days ago i was in a situation where i desperatly wanted to play a particular tournament.but my bankroll said no. i could of reloaded ,so that it would allow me to enter. i can afford to reload and the loss of that entry fee wouldnt of made me cry !!!but i have set myself a bankroll challenge and i am trying to stick with it. i know that if i succed with my challenge i will feel allot better for doing so. hope yours continues to go well.best of luck.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Very well done, Dudeskin, keep at it! I know exactly the feeling of fulfillment and it keeps coming as you achieve your next goal.

And good luck to all you guys doing a BR challenge.

• mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited August 2009
    Well done Dudeskin, keep up the good work.
  • BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited August 2009
    nice work dudeskin
  • Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009
    Thanks everyone :)
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

well done dudeskin  great work m8 keep it up

dtw