You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

reason to stick with skypoker

BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

just played for 3hr:54 mins in a first round qualifier 9k+  runners with 72 places to next round,  made it as far as 74th place

two uk players including myself and 7 assorted from around the globe on the table, i was short stacked, but everyone else had 150k + chips,  but i could have laddered in if it wasnt for one guy, when the blinds hit me everone else folded as they knew they were safe, who jumped me every time the blind hit ..... the other player from the uk.....  nothing like solidarity is there,

wont mention the site or the players names - just cant believe some people - i know some of the purists here would class it as wrong to walk people into the money or the next round. But i have regularly seen players from the same country step asside when required,  but to beat nearly 9000 runners and get squashed by a fellow brit ...

Comments

• mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2009
    me personally m8 am a nice guy at the felt, alot of people will tell you. some might say different. but if am in a satelite and am safe and theres a shortstack i do admit i let them take my blinds am good like that, am not playing to win im playing for a seat, i myself have been in that situation bandicoot just depends who your playing against id say, 
  • TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited August 2009

if im in a satelite and mick on my table ,im stealin this suckers blind 4 sure, every time ,without fail  ........AM I RIGHT MICK LOL nice 2 av u back m8

• BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: reason to stick with skypoker:
    if im in a satelite and mick on my table ,im stealin this suckers blind 4 sure, every time ,without fail  ........AM I RIGHT MICK LOL nice 2 av u back m8
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    cheers Mick,  thanks for the post, nice to see youre still back.. tenospade N1 lol
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2009
    cheers lads. ten you are telling the truth there, 
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to reason to stick with skypoker:
    just played for 3hr:54 mins in a first round qualifier 9k+  runners with 72 places to next round,  made it as far as 74th place two uk players including myself and 7 assorted from around the globe on the table, i was short stacked, but everyone else had 150k + chips,  but i could have laddered in if it wasnt for one guy, when the blinds hit me everone else folded as they knew they were safe, who jumped me every time the blind hit ..... the other player from the uk.....  nothing like solidarity is there, wont mention the site or the players names - just cant believe some people - i know some of the purists here would class it as wrong to walk people into the money or the next round. But i have regularly seen players from the same country step asside when required,  but to beat nearly 9000 runners and get squashed by a fellow brit ...  
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    I have to admit, it is not the first time, and wont be the last I have slowed a game down and folded a big hands in order to help a fellow player through the sats, never asking of course, but the other players realised and slowed down accordingly but there has to be one. Oh well.

• VIRUSXXXVIRUSXXX Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2009

If you going out means that i make the money / win a seat / progress to the next round - then there is no way i'm not raising your blind if it's folded to me.

Not to mention the fact that by being "nice" you could be accused of "soft play" and have your account closed - so it's a definite lose / lose situation.

The old adage, "There are no friends at the poker table...." should be remembered by all who play otherwise they're simply cheating themselves....

• bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2009
    Ah Bandicoot. Know the site well. I used to play those tourneys but they are tiring. There's nothing worse than playing for 3 or 4 hours and then going out on or near the bubble.

good luck next time!
  • SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    me personally m8 am a nice guy at the felt, alot of people will tell you. some might say different. but if am in a satelite and am safe and theres a shortstack i do admit i let them take my blinds am good like that, am not playing to win im playing for a seat, i myself have been in that situation bandicoot just depends who your playing against id say, 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Hi Mick, I know I took you out in a sat a good few months back (and ended up bubbling myself). I must admit I wasn't sure of the 'etiquette' behind 'helping' the short stack or the legallity of it!! Is this soft playing? If so who police's it or does it only get looked into if someone complains?

• mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2009

I would take their blinds even if from same country.

If I happend to know the player well, from playing together on the same site, and I was safe myself/ in a tournie that size, I would definately fold.

If it was one of the sats on a much smaller site like this I would take them even if it was a friend in fairness to the rest.

• BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited August 2009
    HI guys thanks for the comments, i have myself like a lot of you resissted calling with marginal cards against the short stack on the bubble, when i am assured i have a safe seat already. I hasten to add, this is on satellites and i am sure you will agree if it was for money, then its everyone for himself - just dissapointed that it was a fellow uk player, obviously the community spirit that exists on sky doesnt exist on other sites............ GL on the tables all..
  • candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited August 2009
    In Response to reason to stick with skypoker : I have to admit, it is not the first time, and wont be the last I have slowed a game down and folded a big hands in order to help a fellow player through the sats, never asking of course, but the other players realised and slowed down accordingly but there has to be one. Oh well.
    Posted by acebarry10
    That`s` c`os you`re a   TOPMAN    hunni  xxxxx
  • 1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    ah shane you cheat get there on you own acord
  • 1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    dont trust any 1