You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Thank YOU

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited June 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

I've been Off-Forum since Friday - had a very hectic few days, to put it mildly, & yesterday was a "recovery day".

I just want to thank all you peeps for making the Grand Final at DTD such a success.

No matter how hard the Sky Team work, it all comes down to the players in the end, & you guys were awesome.

I get involved in all sorts of Tourneys in a behind-the-scenes, off-table role, including APAT & others, but last weekend at DTD was right up there with the very best.

And I was also wearing my "In-Poker" hat, we visit a Main Event somewhere every single weekend, & have done since January. & I tell you this, hand-on-heart. Day One was as good as it gets, the atmo cranked up on Day Two, & that Final was the best I've seen all year. Hand on heart, honest ****.

I was a tinsy bit under the weather all weekend, so not quite on top form, & not helped by doing Friday night's Show then dashing up the M1 so I could be at DTD on Saturday at 11am, so I was a bit tired, too.

But you guys are like RedBull, you give me wings.

Poker with a smile? Just a bit.

Thank you. Sky Poker are proud of you all.

Comments

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2009

Hi Tony,
    I've already posted a thank you for the crew, but no its your turn.
    You kept us all entertained with you hand commentries, and giving everyone the encouragement they needed(your a real gentleman). I'll be honest I dont class myself as a great player, but i was really proud when Simon called my name as chip leader, which on the downside for you meant you had to interview me lol.
    I am Sky Poker through and through and it has been a great pleasure to attend the events. You and the other presenters always make the players feel at ease and special.
    Keep up the great work and I'll see you at then next event.

thanks
    Colin Wallace
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited June 2009
    Hi Tony
    I have posted the following elsewhere but it is worth repeating my friend!

I play several forum and poker site tournaments and without doubt, the Sky events are always the most enjoyable.
    No matter what your personal result, it is always nice to renew past friendships and meet other new Sky players.
    Well done Sky and I look forward to your next event.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    Hope you are on the mend now Tikay.

Well done to all involved over the weekend. I couldnt go for it this year but will be aiming for one of the tour events for 2010. I really feel this community feel that is starting now on the site will push Sky on to become very popular over the next 12 months.

Dave