You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site Crashes Crucial Point 15kBH

SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
edited August 2009 in Community Help & Advice

I am so dissapointed that yet again this site incurred technical difficulties causing the whole site to crash during a crucial point in the 15k BH. I have nearly 11k in chips, blinds 800 and when I am able to re open the table blinds have increased to 2k and I have 4k in chips..
How can sky allow this tournament to continue? When an unfair disadvantage has occured to some not being able to return as quickly as others.
I really hope at the very least this tournament will be put back on at a later date with free entry to all those affected.?
I am really not very happy at all as I am sure others are not! Constant tech issues with this site regularly!

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    I remember 6 months ago when the site crashed during another flagship tournie, Sky was able to suspend the action.

I can't see why it couldn't do it here.

But UL Sharksbite, what position was you in when you got kicked off?
  • Options
    Robbo67Robbo67 Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Site Crashes Crucial Point 15kBH:
    I am so dissapointed that yet again this site incurred technical difficulties causing the whole site to crash during a crucial point in the 15k BH. I have nearly 11k in chips, blinds 800 and when I am able to re open the table blinds have increased to 2k and I have 4k in chips.. How can sky allow this tournament to continue? When an unfair disadvantage has occured to some not being able to return as quickly as others. I really hope at the very least this tournament will be put back on at a later date with free entry to all those affected.? I am really not very happy at all as I am sure others are not! Constant tech issues with this site regularly!
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Yes same in the Orfordable deepstack also. 21 players left and 20 get paid when crashed.  Admittedly I was in 21st position at time but still had enough to go further.  Simply not good enough imo
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Site Crashes Crucial Point 15kBH:
    I remember 6 months ago when the site crashed during another flagship tournie, Sky was able to suspend the action. I can't see why it couldn't do it here. But UL Sharksbite, what position was you in when you got kicked off?
    Posted by scotty77
    I was around 28th with 56 ish left....It completely messed the tournament up. Total shambles.
    Ty scottie, I am sure there are alot of ppl who were in a similar situation.
  • Options
    the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2009
    Sky should be able to pause the tourney if they hit tech issues , seems this case nothing was done, i just got knocked out b4 the probs and i was playing cash and it kicked me out for at least 15 mins, the tourney should therfore be replayed of players offered refunds.....
    the_gibb (yes i am back!)
  • Options
    mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2009
    Yep, always tech issues.

Thankfully I am playing elsewhere from now on.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The thing is the refund is only a partial issue here because Sharksbite (and all the others who were affected) each still had a reasonable chance of running deep and taking down some big cash.

The players not only lost the chips from being blinded out but lost the momentem/any reads of other players at the table as well.

It is a very difficult thing to quantify, so I think the best you can all hope for is your buy in refunded, which is disappointing when in this tournie there potentially around £3k for the winner.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited August 2009
    This happened to me as well was sitting in around 12th out of 50, absolutely annoyed because I was playing well and only just managed to cash in the end because of the blinds I lost and potential chip winning hands I missed.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2009
    100% AGREE P*** POOR BY SKY.PLAYING THE ORFORDABLE, FIRST PLAYER BACK ON TABLE PLUNDERS 4.5K OF CHIPS EACH OF MOST OF REST OF TABLE. GIVING HIM HUGH ADVANTAGE AND KNACKERING THE CHANCES OF ABOUT 5 OF US. SORT IT OUT QUICK OR IM OFF 2.
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited August 2009
    I really try hard to steer away from grumbles and sniping... and general negative sentiment, but I share your concerns. 

The Sky software (or 'Client'... or whatever you call it), definitely fails more than any other site I've played on. I'm grateful that Sky is at least Mac compatible, but it certainly doesn't seem stable – there's no question of that. 

It's crashed on me twice tonight – within 15 minutes. If it hadn't done that, I'm sure I'd be in Vegas by now. Plus, I made three bad calls and didn't get abused in the chat box once... something must be wrong ;)

But seriously, to the Sky suits: There is a real glitch that needs a remedy here guys. I love the community and the TV stuff, but the software crashes too much. Please fix it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The thing is the refund is only a partial issue here because Sharksbite (and all the others who were affected) each still had a reasonable chance of running deep and taking down some big cash. The players not only lost the chips from being blinded out but lost the momentem/any reads of other players at the table as well. It is a very difficult thing to quantify, so I think the best you can all hope for is your buy in refunded, which is disappointing when in this tournie there potentially around £3k for the winner.
    Posted by scotty77
    Yes that is absolutely correct, A refund is just not enough in my opinion due to the potential there was for me (and many others who experienced the same) to go further. I just do not know how they allowed it to continue when some were clearly able to continue by taking substantial blinds from others who were not able to return as quickly.
  • Options
    mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2009
    In the past Sky have said 'each case will be individually reviewed' but it never is!
  • Options
    inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited August 2009
    ask that p rat richard orf
    Posted by 1realdeal
    Why post this offensive stuff ?  Totally unnecessary and childish.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ask that p rat richard orf
    Posted by 1realdeal
    If you have nothing constructive to say why bother, no need for personal insults
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2009
    RE REFUNDS FOR THE SITE CRASH I THINK SKY SHOULD DIVID THE PRIZE POOL BY THE NUMBER OF RUNNERS LEFT
    IE THE AFORDABLE £315 POOL 21 RUNNERS LEFT £15 BACK EACH SIMPLES!
    THIS SHOULD BE ON TOP OF ANY PRIZEMONEY WON IN THE RESUMED TOURNIMENTS. PERHAP LOSING A BIT OF CASH BECAUSE OF IT MIGHT GET THE PROBLEM PRIORITIZED AND SORTED
  • Options
    annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    cos he's childish?

and unneccesary??
  • Options
    1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    sry inka but its not posted at you
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    a chid will beat you at poker one day
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    annie
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    try having one you spoilt child
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    try having one you spoilt child
    Posted by 1realdeal
    I'd just like to make you aware that Sky uses IP tracing on the site.

Usually its to catch people who use multiple accounts, however I would imagine that they use them on this forum too.

Say bye bye to both the 1realdeal account and your real one.  Just a tip, withdraw your funds now as they will be seized.