You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Anyone having problems with the site?

mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
edited August 2009 in Community Help & Advice
Ive been getting  the 'sorry sky poker is unavailable' message out of the blue and error 503 or something along those lines.

I was wanthing to play tonight but I don't want to be disconnected all the time and lose my chips. I have noticed a few players at tables have been getting disconnected.

Comments

• Options
    mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2009
    Got in touch with customer service and was told to download mozilla firefox btw.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    I've been getting these about every 20 mins this afternoon, seems to be back up after a refreash
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    edited August 2009

No probs here, but I use Firefox, it seems to work better for Sky Poker. It's available on free download, google is your friend.

I think - not sure - that Firefox & IE7 are "approved" Broswers for Sky Poker, & that IE8 will be added very shortly.
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2009
    nope no probs browing not tried 2play yet tho
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009
    im having the same problem , just phoned sky poker to let them know.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    I just raised pre flop on a cash table only for the message 'your log in has expired' come up on my screen and me getting booted off the table! By the time I got back the hand had finished :(  I had only logged in 10 mins before so don't know why this happened!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    had a funny one yesterday . started a tournament and couldnt see the cards dealt to me !!!!  in hindsight i wish i had played them more aggresive and raised,raised,raised.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ouch.ul phil.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Anyone having problems with the site?:
    I just raised pre flop on a cash table only for the message 'your log in has expired' come up on my screen and me getting booted off the table! By the time I got back the hand had finished :(  I had only logged in 10 mins before so don't know why this happened!!
    Posted by phil12uk

I've had exactly the same in my last game.

Think there's a bit of a wobbly going on!

PS- Also had the OP's "503 error" a fair bit this afternoon when I was at work.

• Options
    SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    Just hand descriptions, and avatars missing for me!
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    I'm not having a problem using IE8 but i'm running it under compatibility mode, maybe that will help.
  • Options
    DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    Same for me as Kiwini4u
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited August 2009
    Playing Sky Poker on Mozilla Firefox is the best answer. On IE the chat box is also a bit erratic.

I also saw that error message this evening Mat, but that's because I'd accidentally started Sky Poker on Internet Explorer.

Switching to Firefox soon sorted it out.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited August 2009
    I'm not having any of those problems NOW, I think they've been sorted.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    lol ul noseybonk with your kk
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited August 2009
    I play via internet explorer and keep getting 10 to 30 second hiccups with the connection. It doesn't help when in a hand. Anybody else having this problem.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    It just disconnected all of us in the Orfordable deepie. On the bubble when 21 players left!
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Anyone having problems with the site?:
    It just disconnected all of us in the Orfordable deepie. On the bubble when 21 players left!
    Posted by phil12uk

Not the best time 2 do it, i could of bubbled, lol
  • Options
    Fordy74Fordy74 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    The whole site has just gone down for me, for around 5-6 minutes, with the 503 "Sorry! Sky Poker is currently unavailable". Fortunately, I've just got back on in the middle of a tournament break, and haven't lost too many chips. What's the score if we bust out of a tournament due to blinds when this happens?
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009

happened to me  around  10 00 ish.. Ive just googled  Skpoker again ... taken old 'favourite's' Skypoker Off and re launched with the new googled one and added to favourites again   .. seems ok now