You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Secure & Unsecure Script

POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
edited October 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Anyone know why this has started happening?

When I go to my account and then go back to sky poker I get a pop up box warning me of unsecure script.

Here is a snapshot.

What does it mean when I have both secure and non-secure (mixed) content?Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured.The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content.

Is there any way of stopping this from happenning?

Comments

• acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Secure & Unsecure Script:
    Anyone know why this has started happening? When I go to my account and then go back to sky poker I get a pop up box warning me of unsecure script. Here is a snapshot. What does it mean when I have both secure and non-secure (mixed) content? Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content. Is there any way of stopping this from happenning?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I googled tyhe message and found the answer, bu cannot remember how it was done, sorry
  • rainbow_x_rainbow_x_ Member Posts: 319
    edited October 2010
    Anyone know why this has started happening? When I go to my account and then go back to sky poker I get a pop up box warning me of unsecure script. Here is a snapshot. What does it mean when I have both secure and non-secure (mixed) content? Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content. Is there any way of stopping this from happenning?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    iv got same problem :@( for a few days now
  • silver8acksilver8ack Member Posts: 1,190
    edited October 2010
    Posted by POKERTREV
    seems like this is happening to alot could it be to do with the last update they did?
    any help plz
  • gremli22gremli22 Member Posts: 110
    edited October 2010

I've got the same problem too, anyone know how to fix this?
  • POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2010
    Sky Rich?

Whats the heads up on this one?
  • belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited October 2010

Same here since up date.I.E. and windows 7.

• Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2010
    Hi Trev/All,

Here's the reason behind this message, we generally store images in http (non secure) this is pretty standard across websites since it speeds up site loads for repeat visitors (the images are saved in your cache)

When you are logged in, you will notice in the address bar that the website is shown as htttps - this is a secure connection to protect your login - again fairly standard across internet sites.

There has therefore always been a mixture of http and https content on the Sky Poker website, when you are logged in. this is absolutely fine and in no way insecure.

Whether or not you will see a pop up message advising you of this depends on the browser you are using, I notice the screenshot is Internet Explorer, we believe that IE have recently changed the way their browsers interpret this mixture of content hence why you are now seeing this pop up

We appreciate the message can be deemed as concerning and whilst I can assure you all there is nothing to worry about, we are currently looking for a new way to store these images which will prevent IE (and other browsers) from interpreting this in such a manner, since we have no control over the actual message a browser displays.

I hope this makes sense, if you have any further concerns please feel free to ask

Kind Regards

Adam
    edited October 2010
    Cheers Adam.
    A good expaination and very understandable. I did notice though that if I click no on the popup box it allows you to receive the secure and non secure script, which is ok but I noticed that if I do click no, I no longer have the green box in the web address or on my open tables.

If I click "No" is my connection still secure?
    edited October 2010
    Right, I remembered, click start, settings, control panel, internet options, Security, Custom Level, and make sure "Display Mixed content" is enabled.

It stops the box appearing.

edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Secure & Unsecure Script:
    Right, I remembered, click start, settings, control panel, internet options, Security, Custom Level, and make sure "Display Mixed content" is enabled. It stops the box appearing.  
    Posted by acebarry10
    cheers baz
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Secure & Unsecure Script : cheers baz
    Posted by POKERTREV
    No probs m8
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Secure & Unsecure Script : No probs m8
    Posted by acebarry10
    Great post Barry, that does resolve the mixed content pop up.

We've made a change to the content on the home page which should stop this occurring now for IE users who haven't followed your steps.

Trev: Whether you choose 'yes' or 'no' on that pop up your connection is still secure. The message from IE isn't clear at all, which is frustrating because we have no control over it!

Best Wishes

Adam
    edited October 2010
    Hi Adam

No prblems m8, help when I can :)