You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Live poker advice and tips

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi there guys and gals :)

I used to play tonnes of live poker, and have only recently started playing live again in the past 2/3 months (mainly cash but also the odd tournie too).

I know that we hvae some guys on here with years of live poker experience, so just want to know if you hvae any advice to give to a born-again newbie to the game?

One tip that I have is to try and just focus on your cards and stare at the felt, for some reason my thought process goes a bit weird when I try to do a 'Rounders' and look for my opponents 'Oreo' moment haha.

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    I've never played live. I think my biggest problem would be trying to keep track of the pot size, especially when there's been loads of action. I guess it's something live players get used to? (adding up the pot as the calls/raises come in).
    So simple online when it's displayed for you! lol

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    its ok, hard to keep an exact track but when I'm in the hand I just do it street by street

I.E 7 callers PF times 12 = 84 etc

no one ever folds live and you should go to your local card room to witness how big the pots get with total junk its so much fun,
  • pokerwillpokerwill Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2009
    i have played quite a bit live and have some good results, its important to follow ur instincts i think more often than not ul b right!
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Always remember to put your trousers on.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Live poker advice and tips:
    Posted by MereNovice
    made me lol more than it should.

now some real advice you shark GRRRRR
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Posted by MereNovice

Is that tip directed at Tikay? ;-)

• MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Live poker advice and tips : Is that tip directed at Tikay? ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    No comment.
  • scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited August 2009
    hi  scotty   play  lots  of  live  u  get  lots  off  reads  off players  by   watching  there  body  languge   how  confident  there  are  ie  talking  a  lot  or  very   quite    but   best  info  u  get    when   your  not   in  the  hand  observe  all  the  players  when  your  not  in  the  hand find  out   who  the  rocks   the  fish  and  the manics  players  are   god  luck  at  the  tables  scotty