You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Length of time you can sit out for

5toneFace5toneFace Member Posts: 246
edited October 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Im not sure if this has been mentioned before. But the time you can sit out on a table needs to be increased slightly. I dont even get enough time to go to the toilet before i get kicked off. Then its hard to get back on quickly. Im not saying it needs to be extended by a lot. Just a few extra minutes.
I know its probably short because of the people who lose their money and then dont stand. So maybe it is possible to have it different for people with money on the table and people without. I dont know!! I guess thats your job. Thanks

Comments

• lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited October 2010
    Yep I agree!
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2010
    Yes, I also agree, its pretty ridic.  I`m not sure if it goes on time, or the number of times the blinds pass you, as i seem to get autostood on tables which are shorthanded first
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited October 2010
    Hi,

I've asked Adam about this and got the following:

I understand your frustration here at losing your place on a table when taking a break.

The problem is we have to strike a balance between players who have deliberately sat out and want to return (E.G. a toilet break) vs those who have sat out and do not intend to return (by simply closing the table with the X in their browser, rather than hitting ‘stand’ first)

If we increase the time out setting for one scenario it will also increase the time out for the other

I’m looking into this now to see if there is anything we can do short term to improve this, otherwise we do have plans to develop a fix for this in the medium term.

P.S. The download client, which isn’t far away will help here, since the X button will then automatically stand up the player, allowing us to increase the time out setting.

Regards
    Lee
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2010
    sorry if im stating the obv here, but why cant you be auto stood when you `x` off a table in the browser version
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Length of time you can sit out for:
    sorry if im stating the obv here, but why cant you be auto stood when you `x` off a table in the browser version
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Hiya,

Yes it's because we have no control over what happens when a user clicks the X in a web browser, the function of the button is defined by the owners of the browser, Microsoft, Mozilla, Google etc

Therefore we can't bind this X button to perform a stand & exit action.

I totally appreciate how annoying it is to have a player blocking a seat on a table with no intention in returning, since they've closed the table in this way, we'd have fixed this years ago if we could....

In Download we've got complete control, hence one of the 1st things we did was add this feature to the table closure.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited October 2010
    I'm 99% sure that the time a player is allowed to sit out is not time related, it's hand related.  There is a certain number of hands / revolutions of the button that decided when a player is ejected.

So in theory if a player sat out and the other players all auto folded for a while you'd be ejected!