You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

cash

THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
edited October 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Is there an option to auto top up for cash games. So when you drop below the maximum buy in it automatically tops up. At the moment it has to be done manually which is a pain.

Comments

• star_pokerstar_poker Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Hi THESWISS,

There isn't an auto option as such, but you can click 'cashier, then get real chips, then click 'maximum'
    This is as easy an option as there is out on all sites.

Regards
    Lee
  • THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: cash:
    Hi THESWISS, There isn't an auto option as such, but you can click 'cashier, then get real chips, then click 'maximum' This is as easy an option as there is out on all sites. Regards Lee
    Posted by star_poker

Thanks Lee, yup i know u can do it manually but the auto reload function is a lot better. Hopefully they will install one.

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2010
    Hi THESWISS, There isn't an auto option as such, but you can click 'cashier, then get real chips, then click 'maximum' This is as easy an option as there is out on all sites. Regards Lee
    Posted by star_poker
    This is wrong I`m afraid, it certainly isnt as easy an option. Multitablers have to constantly scan how much they have, you may have to manually top up 10 tables, that takes time you need to be playing the 10 tables.
    Also, ive sat with like 20bbs before for 10 mins and not even noticed.

Please dont dismiss this option and request,  it really is quite important.
  • Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I have posted a while back requesting this aswell. 

It is very important for multitabling, I have no idea how people manage with 10+ tables since I struggle with 6.

Also if your playing a hand which you eventually lose, left with one big blind for the next hand which you get dealt aces, ohhhhh great, massive double up!!  I know some smart ar se will say top up on the river or something but I'm actually using my time to think about the play not about having to top up for the next hand.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2010

This is a good idea and one which we will consider implementing.

I couldn't give any accurate date as to when it would be developed though i'm afraid, but thanks for taking the time to make this suggestion.

Kind Regards

Adam

• THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2010
    This is a good idea and one which we will consider implementing. I couldn't give any accurate date as to when it would be developed though i'm afraid, but thanks for taking the time to make this suggestion. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

Cheers Adam, it really is an essential tool for effective cash.

• salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited October 2010
    Can one of the guys who is beta testing the download version tell me whether you can re-sze tables. I play on a little laptop and normally have four tables tiled at other sites. I would like to be able to do that at Sky Poker, is this possible with the new download version?
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited October 2010
    Hi salazar,

You can't resize tables, but the mini view tables are slightly smaller now to accomodate smaller laptop screens to be able to tile 4 tables.

Regards
    Lee
  • salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Lee, that is good news, is there an ETA on the download? Are we looking at pre or post Christmas?
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I have posted a while back requesting this aswell.  It is very important for multitabling, I have no idea how people manage with 10+ tables since I struggle with 6.   Also if your playing a hand which you eventually lose, left with one big blind for the next hand which you get dealt aces, ohhhhh great, massive double up!!  I know some smart ar se will say top up on the river or something but I'm actually using my time to think about the play not about having to top up for the next hand.
    Posted by Patching99

Considering how impossible it was to multi table, and how hard it used to be to add chips multi tabling 12+ tables is easy peasy now, topping up wastes barely any of my time. 
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited October 2010
    I really wouldn't like to give an ETA as it all depends on how the beta testing continues to progress.
    I will certainly let you know more when i know more.

Regards
    Lee
  • Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: cash : Considering how impossible it was to multi table, and how hard it used to be to add chips multi tabling 12+ tables is easy peasy now, topping up wastes barely any of my time. 
    Posted by beaneh
    If it does ever get introduced, are you going to carry on being the hero you are and do it manually?  I think not  ;-) 
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: cash : If it does ever get introduced, are you going to carry on being the hero you are and do it manually?  I think not  ;-) 
    Posted by Patching99

It would depend how it works, the current system is perfectly usable doable and works fine etc.
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: cash : Considering how impossible it was to multi table, and how hard it used to be to add chips multi tabling 12+ tables is easy peasy now, topping up wastes barely any of my time. 
    Posted by beaneh
    Do you mean when you had to manually type in the amount you wanted to top up, rather than click maximum?

It is a lot easier, I`l give you that but are you seriously happy with how it is with no autotopup?  Its a pain in the neck.

Also, how else could it work, but to auto top you up every time you dip below 100 bb`s
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: cash : Do you mean when you had to manually type in the amount you wanted to top up, rather than click maximum? It is a lot easier, I`l give you that but are you seriously happy with how it is with no autotopup?  Its a pain in the neck. Also, how else could it work, but to auto top you up every time you dip below 100 bb`s
    Posted by OMahonyO

well you could have a set number that it works off not just 100bb. Irregardless I don't see any need for developer time to be spent adding this when the functionality of the software already allows for easy topping up. You can do it before the hand ends since they changed the thing so it doesn't say "xyz has topped up before the hand is over he knows he will lose, bluff him off it" lol

I'd rather developer time went into the player note system, the table action order preferences as it were + antes/structures changes to the tourny schedule. Auto top up will really only benefit the regular more professional player so I see no reason why it should go up the list when the other things will benefit everyone more.
    edited October 2010
    Well, I do agree other things need looking at but it shouldnt be an either or situation, yes all these things should be done.  FWIW, the note taking thing is something Ive had probs with in web version using IE.

I dunno, I suppose if you dont mind manually topping up like yourself its not really an issue.  Maybe its just coz you dont have to top up as often as me lol.

Why would you top up to less than 100bb
    edited October 2010
    Well, I do agree other things need looking at but it shouldnt be an either or situation, yes all these things should be done.  FWIW, the note taking thing is something Ive had probs with in web version using IE. I dunno, I suppose if you dont mind manually topping up like yourself its not really an issue.  Maybe its just coz you dont have to top up as often as me lol. Why would you top up to less than 100bb
    Posted by OMahonyO

because you wanted to regularly sit with less than 100bb i dunno?

And trust me I'm pretty sure that i'm the most aynal about topping up and I press da button ALOT lol