You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

BETA TESTING

THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
edited October 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I am testing the downloadable site. I have just started testing multitabling and have noticed some issues. If you were to compare multitabling on Fulltilt it is much quicker and slicker. On Fulltilt when you play a hand on one table you do not have to click on the other table before being able to make a move, it seems that just by moving the mouse over the table it activates it. On Sky you have to click on the table before you can make a play and this is very slow. I am not sure if it is quicker than the website version for multitabling as i don't do much of it on Sky before now. Quick and easy multitabling is essential and i think it still needs a vast improvement. 

Comments

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2010
    How are you laying out your tables? I tile them and all seems the same. It is still impossible to cascade the tables as tables dont pop to the front.  I thought that would be one of the first things they made sure tbh
  • THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: BETA TESTING:
    How are you laying out your tables? I tile them and all seems the same. It is still impossible to cascade the tables as tables dont pop to the front.  I thought that would be one of the first things they made sure tbh
    Posted by OMahonyO

I am using a Mac. I am only playing two currently and it is not easy. I just have them next to each other.

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2010
    ah well, maybe its different on a mac.  I dont have that problem on mine
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2010

Table focussing is greatly improved in the next Beta version of the download which we aim to release in the next 10 days or so.

Watch this space, I'd expect this to answer your points Ed.

Ronan: This will answer your query too - with tables popping up in the correct order to allow cascading when multitabling.

P.S. You can still re-access the survey from the email link to provide feedback on the beta client, it's probably better than posting here to be honest since it's not a live application yet.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2010

I am beta testing it, is it me or is it exactly same as normal version. I have ten tabled and it runs perfect, then again the normal version does too.

• THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2010
    Table focussing is greatly improved in the next Beta version of the download which we aim to release in the next 10 days or so. Watch this space, I'd expect this to answer your points Ed. Ronan: This will answer your query too - with tables popping up in the correct order to allow cascading when multitabling. P.S. You can still re-access the survey from the email link to provide feedback on the beta client, it's probably better than posting here to be honest since it's not a live application yet. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Cheers Adam
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited October 2010
    I am beta testing it, is it me or is it exactly same as normal version. I have ten tabled and it runs perfect, then again the normal version does too.
    Posted by ajs4385

WAT?

The betting entry doesn't work properly, it's impossible to take notes, the notes start at the top and over write old notes, you press space you slide the page up and out of the little window, you go to type in a betting spot or note and 'other tables' take preference and you lose the pointer and type nothing........ etc etc

It's just as stable/fast/usable as the browser software except for these problems.
  • ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: BETA TESTING : WAT? The betting entry doesn't work properly, it's impossible to take notes, the notes start at the top and over write old notes, you press space you slide the page up and out of the little window, you go to type in a betting spot or note and 'other tables' take preference and you lose the pointer and type nothing........ etc etc It's just as stable/fast/usable as the browser software except for these problems.
    Posted by beaneh
    Not noticed any of these probs, saying that hardly ever write notes.
  • xcowmanxcowman Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2010
    ok so this downloadable client presumes everyone is running windows or mac ? i am runing unbuntu linux sky is one of the very few i can play on as it uses java .the only way to play other site is to run in a wine window witch runs slow they do offer a mac download but i cant get it to work on this .
    my question is will the download run on my pc or do i just have to stick to the browser version?
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2010
    The downloadable version is compatible with Linux
  • xcowmanxcowman Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2010
    great thanks for the reply
  • zaYozaYo Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2010
    Is this version is ready to use?
  • FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2010
    I am also a Beta tester and my main O.S. is Ubuntu Karmic 64-bit. The download won't even start. Had to roll back to Ubuntu Hardy (32-bit) to try the new software. Support tell me that it's not fully compatible with Linux as priorities are:
    1. Windows
    2. Mac
    3. Linux
    Tried it on a clean install of Windows XP but wasn't very impressed TBH. I have a decent PC spec - AMD Phenom II quad core (4x3.2Ghz) with 8Gb RAM and 1Gb graphics. When all is said and done, the software is STILL Flash. There are a number of issues with Adobe Flash and 64-bit operating systems, so stick with 32-bit for now. Although Flash is a nice simple programming language for newbies, it was never meant to be used for developing big projects. This is why other poker sites have not used Flash for their desktop applications - it's not the right tool for the job in hand...

Overall verdict: VERY disappointed and will continue playing most of my games at another (Java based) site.