You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Help with odds

KAM_E_RAKAM_E_RA Member Posts: 9
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Just taken up playing, so would just like a bit of help calculating some odds, as after all that what poker is all about

I was in the velocity last night when this happened.

I was in seventh place albeit out of 120 player when this happend Six handed - dealt JJ when in the small blind the player on my right had AA (Of course my lost the hand)
next hand on the button dealt AdQd the player on my right had AA (Again "was I gutted" my Js did'nt hold up)

so what I'd like to know is what are the odds of that happening?

I think the poker gods didn't like me last night as to cap it off the very next hand had 44 with 2x the big blind so pushed all in and came up against JJ.  Safe to say my 4s didn't hold up.

you got to love this game...

Kam-e-ra

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Hi,

You're pretty unlucky to run into AA twice in a row.

The odds against being dealt AA (or any other specific pair) are 220:1

If you hadn't been dealt anything yet and were to ask "what are the odds against me getting dealt AA twice in a row" then that would be 48400:1

If you had been dealt AA in the last hand then the odds against getting the same hand again are still 220:1

• KAM_E_RAKAM_E_RA Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Help with odds:
    Hi, You're pretty unlucky to run into AA twice in a row. The odds against being dealt AA (or any other specific pair) are 220:1 If you hadn't been dealt anything yet and were to ask "what are the odds against me getting dealt AA twice in a row" then that would be 48400:1 If you had been dealt AA in the last hand then the odds against getting the same hand again are still 220:1
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks Nosey,

I agree I was unlucky but that happens sometimes as all poker players will atest, the luck will hopefully even out for the 48399 hands, or is it 219 hands? ;-)