You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

After winning a satelite, you should be allowed to unregister and get your money back??

DarlomikeDarlomike Member Posts: 234
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I just won a satelite to velocity at 22.00 tonight, it cost me £1.10 to enter and means i won a £5.50 seat in the velocity.

I then decided, i might play another satelite to velocity... so i decided i would unregister get the money and play again later.

When i unregistered i got NO money back, i went and spoke to someone from help... and he said "sorry if you win a seat to a tournament then you have to play in it you can't have the seats buy in value back, if you can't play in it then you can be moved to another night"

most sites if you pay money to get into the satelite, and then get to the tourney you can unregister and get the money value back, so why can't we on sky poker.

I like playing satelites because you can make a decent roi and it doesn't take too long to play.

anyways i'd like your views on this :), but i do know i will not play anymore satelites unless i know for definate i want to play in the tournament or the situation changes where i can unregister and play again.

Comments

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Why would you play another satelitte when you've already qualified? Also, why would you deregister before you actually came close to winning the seat again?  It just seems the most ridiculous thing to do!  Sorry - I can't agree with you here.
  • DarlomikeDarlomike Member Posts: 234
    edited August 2009
    it costs £1.10 to join the satelite, you win you get £5.50 which is a profit of £4.40... which means i have 4 free chances to win again, if i win again i then have £3.30 profit plus the £5.50.

basically it's just a chance to quadruple your money. the reason you play double your money is to double your money.... playing a satelite is a way for me to quadruple my money.

i don't know if i actually planned on playing the velocity tonight, but the chance to quadruple my money in a short time is a very nice thing and also if i do decide to play the velocity tonight and i had the chance to play in other satelites, i could basically play for free rather than for £1.10 and have a profit before going into the velocity.
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: After winning a satelite, you should be allowed to unregister and get your money back??:
    it costs £1.10 to join the satelite, you win you get £5.50 which is a profit of £4.40... which means i have 4 free chances to win again, if i win again i then have £3.30 profit plus the £5.50. basically it's just a chance to quadruple your money. the reason you play double your money is to double your money.... playing a satelite is a way for me to quadruple my money. i don't know if i actually planned on playing the velocity tonight, but the chance to quadruple my money in a short time is a very nice thing and also if i do decide to play the velocity tonight and i had the chance to play in other satelites, i could basically play for free rather than for £1.10 and have a profit before going into the velocity.
    Posted by Darlomike
    Hi Mike, the point of a satelite is to gain a seat to the tournament in question, therefore i think its fine as it is.
    If everyone asked for their seat prize to be refunded then there would be no point of having satelites at all, they might as well call it a quadruble your stake tournament.

There are double your money sit and goes, and top 6 sit and goes (out of 18) so these might be other options for you. Gl at the tables. Greg.

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
     No  ..you would not get your money back for the seat on ANY site !!
    edited August 2009
    I know what a satelite is for, i just feel you should have the option to de register and get the money back.... i mean if it was your last £1.10 and you needed the £5.50 to play on etc, or if you suddenly find you can't play in the tourney, yes the help said you could be registered in a tournament at a later date but either way you won that satelite, you paid the money so you should be allowed the money back that you rightly won.
    edited August 2009

full tilt poker, always refunded successful satelite wins if you wanted to un register... as long as you paid money to play the satelite. if the place was won using points, then points were refunded.

and i actually got refunded on here not so long ago, but it seems to have changed.

• JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    A famous online youngster called allinsteve plays the wsop sats on stars and won loads seats even though he wasn't old enough to go to vegas being that he was 20 at the time and the sats cost him 1k and he wins a seat worth 10k clicks unregister and makes a fortune as he repeated it numerous times a good money making stratergy if you know what your doing.