You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Do you prefer the 7pm Deepies as ten man or 6 man?

DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Says it all really...

Comments

• SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    like em both, varies it a bit
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    I think its a good idea to have a mixture of both.
  • Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009
    Only played 1 so far and it was 10, but from playing a lot of DYM 6 handed, I prefer 10 handed for Deepstack.
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009
    must confess , i didnt think i would ,prefer the 10 seaters now.
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    Personally I am not bothered.

The 10 stacks *usually* mean u have a REAL hand. Although I have been caught out many times with rubbish.

The 6 seaters mean a lot more of 50/50 hands.

At the end of it I don't mind, but I usually do better at 6 handed with the nutters calling with rubbish, as opposed to a couple of decent players calling with good hands and getting lucky to my better.
  • chillchoichillchoi Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2009
    l fence sitting but ike them both quite new to poker/net surprised by lack of d/s players or am i lookin in wrong places askin here because i see your name quite a lot so hopin you could help cheers

• BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited August 2009
    hi draig i personally prefer the 10 seat play as it slows the pace some what,  in the six seat deepie just played today, it felt more like a any other tourney with some odd calls / shoves. so def 10 seat for me .... i am enjoying them these tournies very much, just wish i could improve enough to cash .... maybe ... gl mate - john
    edited August 2009
    yes,agree with you bandicoot ,much more relaxing the 10 seaters .
  • Rubes375Rubes375 Member Posts: 61
    edited August 2009
    Just re-deposited to play some of these when I have time, first one tonight and come 7th. YAY

I think 10 handed works alot better. Still the same problem when I played a bit more on this site in that 6 handed there is often not full tables and the blinds can start coming around too quickly forcing the play.

That said I have been grinding low stakes cash so rising blinds are a bit unusual now.

The tourney was good fun this evening with some good table banter!
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    7pm tourney should be 10 man as a change!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009

Guys,

I'll send this thread to the Suits at close of play on Tuesday, & I'm pretty sure they'll go with the flow.

So, USE YOUR VOTE, then there can be no complaints afterwards.

So whatever way the Vote goes, I think Sky Poker will give us that.

It's up to yoooooooooooooooooo

• BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2009
    LIKE BOTH FORMATS. JUST AS ANOUTHER THOUGHT I THINK IF THERES A HEAD BOUNTY THE SHOULD BE A POINT AT WHICH THE PLAYER GETS TO KEEP THE £25 MAYBE IF HE TOP TENS OR FINAL TABLES POSSIBLY. IN TONIGHTS MCRATMAN DID INCREDIBLY WELL TO GET AS FAR AS HE DID AS I IMAGINE BEING THE ONLY ONE WITH A BOUNTY ON YOUR HEAD IS A BIG HANDICAP
  • rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited August 2009
    Hi folks,

Probably the 10 man field for me, good point by rubes about the blinds.  Enjoyed the game tonight.  Some laughs with Draig tonight and good to chat with FlashFlush.  Plus it is a good education playing with the more well known players on the site, Sharksbite, etc for the smaller bankroll player.

Cheers

Ross
    edited August 2009

nice one badboy , totally agree with you . what a perfomance by mcratman.

• DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    Was real fun tonight, which I guess is what it is all about. TY Ross, we had some fun eh?

GL all may the best vote win....
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009

I will be sending this Thread to The Suits tonight.

Vote now - it's no good complaining afterwards if you have not voted!
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    I prefer the SIX but I guess a mix of both is the best option - as is now really (Monday's is SIX the rest are TEN)

• DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2009
    deffo 10 alltho i cashed last nite. but thats wat we asked for in the 1st place wen it was 1st played 10 seater mickjenn1 so why go back to 6 ?
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys.
    Tony tell the suits to ignore the vote for i dont like either, as i clicked on it by mistake.
    I LIKE both 6 and 10 seaters
    The way these have taken off shows us and Sky that they were right to put these on after the players have lobbied fro them. WELL DONE SKY.
    col
  • FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited August 2009
    10 seater all the time,

with the Deeper stack and longer levels I just feel it favours the players against the gamblers ...

BUT

I still can't cash in one :(