You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What do you think?

LIAM909LIAM909 Member Posts: 11
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I signed up with sky poker about 2 years ago and really enjoy the website, i have very few complaints about anything on here. The one thing that winds me up though is when a new player signs up they are offered all kinds of bonuses and incentives (obviously i understand its to attract new players etc.) but shouldnt they be offering such things to the players who play regularly on the site, also i didn't recieve any kind of offer when i signed up so maybe i'm just bitter! I know they do the bonus points scheme but that doesnt benefit too many people unless they can spend hundreds on the site, i don't have the luxury of having loads of cash! even the freerolls require a lot of points and again they are tough to accumalate when you only play small cash games and the odd cheap tourny. Does anyone else feel the same or am i way off the mark?

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    why don't you try the community freeroll - that is completely free to enter and doesn't even require any poker points. look out for it in the lobby on thursday's.

if you spend time in the community you'll also notice we run quite a few little competitions were you can win things like free entry to a tournament.

to give you 2 examples of competitions that are running at the moment take a look at the caption contest or the goals goals goals thread in 'the shed'.

hope that helps you out!

all the best,

Rich
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    I know where yoy are coming from, However, have you seen the new player awards? Not much to write home about, infact, just about the same as existing player "cash for points".
    There are lots of freerolls here, and they are improving too.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    I agree that is unfair that existing players weren't given parity with the 'new players bonus'.

Sky should have done this for one month where every player got the opportunity to get 500£ for 7.5k points as this is a lot better rate than you get in the 'Cash for Points' promo.

But meh it won't be changed so just look out for any offers/freerolls sir and do your best to take advantage of them :)

• LIAM909LIAM909 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: What do you think?:
    why don't you try the community freeroll - that is completely free to enter and doesn't even require any poker points. look out for it in the lobby on thursday's. if you spend time in the community you'll also notice we run quite a few little competitions were you can win things like free entry to a tournament. to give you 2 examples of competitions that are running at the moment take a look at the caption contes t or the goals goals goals thread in 'the shed'. hope that helps you out! all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Cheers mate, sounds good! To be honest and i'm probably just on one as i'm skint and am jealous of the other people with money lol. Never minds, 2 more days until pay day and i shall be happy and drunk again lol
  • Sky_Mod5Sky_Mod5 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2009
    In Response to What do you think?:
    I signed up with sky poker about 2 years ago and really enjoy the website, i have very few complaints about anything on here. The one thing that winds me up though is when a new player signs up they are offered all kinds of bonuses and incentives (obviously i understand its to attract new players etc.) but shouldnt they be offering such things to the players who play regularly on the site, also i didn't recieve any kind of offer when i signed up so maybe i'm just bitter! I know they do the bonus points scheme but that doesnt benefit too many people unless they can spend hundreds on the site, i don't have the luxury of having loads of cash! even the freerolls require a lot of points and again they are tough to accumalate when you only play small cash games and the odd cheap tourny. Does anyone else feel the same or am i way off the mark?
    Posted by LIAM909
    hello mate.

have you tried the promotional section down the left handside of the poker home page.

there are two that might help you out.

Refer a friend - link http://www.skypoker.com/refer/
    August cash for points - link http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/

Hope this help

Graham
    edited August 2009
    I've entered the contest's you mentioned rich, i hope you are going to make sure i win now ;-) There is 20p in it for you if it is sorted lol!!!
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    I've entered the contest's you mentioned rich, i hope you are going to make sure i win now ;-) There is 20p in it for you if it is sorted lol!!!
    Posted by LIAM909
    So THATS how you win, I knew I was doing something wrong lol
  • SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    New players don't just get the bonus's, they also hit every single one of their long shot draws, hadn't you heard??

Tongue in cheek not bitterness (much)
    edited August 2009
    New players don't just get the bonus's, they also hit every single one of their long shot draws, hadn't you heard?? Tongue in cheek not bitterness (much)
    Posted by SpongeDoug
    too true, and they wonder why the phone in guests never pick aces as their favourite hand lol