You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Reading forum whilst on new download

phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
edited October 2010 in Community Help & Advice
If I'm playing whilst using the download, and load up the forum, it does so through Mozilla Firefox.

If I am registered for a tourney that starts whilst this has happened, the table tries to load on both the download and the Mozilla versions!

Is there any way to stop this happening?

Comments

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited October 2010
    They made the forum open in FF because the download client was too slow and hard to navigate through. I have had the same problem you are having when you are logged in on two instances on the same computer. Just manically clicking the cross in the corner and shutting the one I dont want running works for me. :-)
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2010
    Hi Charles

I jusy take notice of the games starting time, and close the forum just before it starts, then launch it again after.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Reading forum whilst on new download:
    If I'm playing whilst using the download, and load up the forum, it does so through Mozilla Firefox. If I am registered for a tourney that starts whilst this has happened, the table tries to load on both the download and the Mozilla versions! Is there any way to stop this happening?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Hi Phil,

I've got a fix for this in the next download beta version, it will 'lockdown' tournament table launch from the web browser when logged into the download client.

It's been tested and it works, but will not be rushed to live.

This scenario is why we initially opened the forum in the download browser windows, unfortunately as beaneh has said, this had it's own problems with performance, functionality, navigation etc. Hence we've switched back to your default web browser.

Phil: In the meantime, a couple of options, although there is no complete solution until we've released the above fix.

1) As per beaneh - you should only get this issue when the tournament 1st starts, so just make sure you close the web browser 1st
    2) When playing a tournament just browse the forums logged out. Log in to make a post then log out again/

Sorry guys not ideal, but not too long to wait for this next release I promise!

P.S. Hope to see you in Blackpool to chat in more detail

Adam
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited October 2010
    It's getting there dude, enjoy blackpool i'm going to be in nottingham for the DTD 50 quid 40k guaranteed thingymabobby!