You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

KING KONG KRUSHED!!

Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
edited August 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

Hi Everyone,

I had a dilemma over the weekend when I was playing cash (prior to me crashing my car). I was playing live at a lucrative London card club (which won't be named as I don't want you to come take my money....plus you should be playing on Sky Poker anyways!!). I'm sitting on a £1/£1 NL table, comfortably on a £167 stack (started with £50).

A chap opposite me has be doing his paycheck all night....

"Bet", "Call", "Bet", "Call", "Check", "Check"...."I got Ace high...Nice hand...you win" - you know the deal.

Literally, this man was a raising machine and threw his cards away on the river with nothing. At this point he was in for about £400 and I'm sitting there waiting for a hand to play against him, but with his £12 bets Pre-Flop it was a little hard to get into the game.

Anyway, I find myself with King King, I raise to £6 UTG, seat 5 & 6 call, then our friend raises to £18. I smooth call because I know if the Ace doesn't come I get him to bet all the way to the river.

Then I get cider in my ear.

Seat 5 pops to £60 and without hesitation our friend in Seat 7 pushes for all his chips which is £140..
Seat 5 has got around £320 behind.

So I dwell, and I dwell and dwell and I finally fold. SMACK!!!

Seat 5 insta calls with AQ with our friend holding QQ's. I would have won over a £400 pot!!! DANG!

So what did I do wrong? And has anyone else done this before.
The way I saw it was that I was in for £18 and still had a long night of poker ahead of me. Needless to say I did eventually take a big pot of our friend about 45 mins later.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and I would love to hear your opinions.

Good luck at the tables...but not against me ;-)

Andy.

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    Andy ..."Ave a word with yourself" !!!   

There is no game in the world i'm folding KK in that situation, ( 3 handed raise re-raise all-in in a Cash game, where the worst result is your going to lose a 'bulls eye' ..  your sit down stake)

Not all poker games are about 'odds, % Value', !!
    Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling,  and my feelings would have been,
    "If someone has AA good luck to them' .... You were holding the second best poker hand !!! 

Even if  you were behind you had outs

If  it was  a satellite  to a tourney and the bubble  is around the corner, sure pass  ...
    but Andy it wasn't !!

Glk ..mate   Oh if it makes  you feel better , i was playing in an APT event at Luton ( TK will confirm) ...Second hand of the Tournament ,  i'm on the Button    all pass to me ,  i trebled the blinds with KK . .. SB passes...  BB  re-raise another  3  times .... ..........!!!!  
    Can i pass ..??  ... Off  course ....Is it the thing to to ??   Maybe !!
    But F~~~    ...   I re-raise i'm all ....  .... He calls as he turns his cards ..  AA  !!!!!!!    
    The flop comes with an Ace and i know it's an early bath for me ...... 

Then    TK announces with a microphone,  " Ohh  We have lost our first player ..  and  ohhhhhh     'chuckle'  
    It's  Benny  !!!... 
    Small ripple of sympathetic applause, as   i walk towards the exit door ..
    Would i make the same mistake again  .....It wasn't a mistake,  
    KK can only be beaten by one hand pre- flop  .  

I know your situation is different  3 handed  in a cash game, but to me it's a no-brainer ..

Glk benny
  • Options
    Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2009
    Hi Benny,

Cheers for the reply. You are absolutely right. Sometimes I can get really shellshocked in a hand and make a decision based on saftey rather than potential profit.  
    Shame about your comp in Luton. I would have done the same in your position. To be honest i know I made the wrong decision, but in the long run it worked out for me as my table image was great post hand.

Its only the second time ive ever folded KK pre flop. That story is for another day though, and that time i was right in my decision....one for the X Files Im sure.

Andy.