You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Question for Sky mods regarding cash game BIs

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Just wondered if there is a reason why the cash game BIs vary so much; for example:

2/4p you can sit down with £10 max or 250bbs
5/10p you can sit down with £20 max or 200bbs
10/20p you can sit down with £20 max 100bbs EXCEPT on the GANTON table which is 50bbs
anything above I think you can only sit with 100bbs max

Why is this??? 

Surely if you are a site that like to promote good BR managment, you would limit the lower levels to 100bbs like the higher limits....this makes more sense to do it at the low levels because these guys are more likely to be casual players with limited rolls...

Also is there an option to bring deep-stacked cash poker to the higher limits...I'm sure most of the regs at 50nl + would welcome having a couple of tables with 200bb max BIs.

Cheers.

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    hey,

i'll pass this on to the poker guys scotty - you should expect a reply tomorrow.

thanks

Rich
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    If nothing can be done, at least get rid of the 50bb max on Ganton. That annoys me.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    hi Rich - any update on this plz?
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    Hey Scotty,

here is the news from the poker guys...

"thanks for pointing that out... GANTON was an error on our part and has now been resolved.

with regards to max buy-ins on other cash tables, the standard is 100 BBs however as you have pointed out at the micro limits the max buy-in can vary up to 250 BB. this is a decison taken by the poker team a while ago and is enjoyed by many players"

thanks again scotty
    Rich
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited August 2009
    lol Ganton has been like that for over 2 years!!!

should be min 20 BI max 100 BI on all tables - standardisation is good........