You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Beta Download Broken?

beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
edited November 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Not played for a day or three and now upon opening the Beta Client once you open a few tables they all just freeze and it all goes white until you force quit it. Error information below, there was recently an update that had to be downloaded for Adobe Air, could this have caused the problem is there something that needs to be done?

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: SkyPoker.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 4c928f6b
  Fault Module Name: Adobe AIR.dll
  Fault Module Version: 2.5.0.16600
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4ca30dd0
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000f8adc
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ta.

Beaneh.

Comments

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2010
    I downloaded the recent AiR update and its been running fine for me
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited November 2010
    I tried again last night, and it struggled to get past 4 tables but was then fine.

Weird.....
    edited November 2010
    Load 4 tables and it all goes white and freezes, has to be force quit again.

What's gwaning sky, new beta version out soon I hope?!
  • MaundyD1MaundyD1 Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2010
    I have been reading alot about a beta version of sky poker that is downloadable. When is this being released?
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2010

Hi Andrew/All,

We’ve just discovered that this is due to a bug introduced by a recent upgrade to Adobe AIR (version 2.5). If you've upgraded Adobe AIR then you need to uninstall and  reinstall to the previous version 2.0.4

If you haven't yet upgraded AIR to Version 2.5 then please don't upgrade when prompted for now!

We have a fix to mitigate this problem and ensure it doesn't happen again, however in the meantime you’ll need to completely uninstall Adobe AIR and re-install the previous version, here’s a quick guide

1)       Ensure Sky Poker Download is not running

2)       Uninstall Adobe AIR, Windows users can do this from the Control Panel, please click here for help with this from Adobe

3)       Now download and install Version 2.0.4 of Adobe AIR from the following urls, depending on your operating system

Windows:

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/2.0.4/AdobeAIRInstaller.exe

Mac:

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/mac/download/2.0.4/AdobeAIR.dmg

Linux:

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/2.0.4/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

It is likely that you will again be asked if you want to upgrade Adobe AIR at some point – please do not do this until we have advised you that we’ve found a fix at our end to support this version.

Thanks for your understanding

Any Q's please ask

Adam

edited November 2010
    kewl kewl

fwiw it worked yesterday evening (maybe when traffic is lower) but in the day times it just freezes out.

:-)
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Beta Download Broken?:
    I have been reading alot about a beta version of sky poker that is downloadable. When is this being released?
    Posted by MaundyD1
    A beta test is a standard test in the computer industry, it is only a code name given to the final test before the alpha or main programme goes live so that any unseen problems can be resolved. the beta test normally involves various operaters using the system for a period as in this case on sky, i hear the download version will be fully available within the next month??
  • MaundyD1MaundyD1 Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2010
    thanks for that, look forward to downloadable version