You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Taking your time

loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
was playing a deep stack tonight and it got quite heated between 2 players about one letting the time almost run out every hand regardless of their choice of call raise or fold. one player said they pay their money they do what they like, the other saying the game had become boring i dont mind personally what people do but i admit i get frustrated wating all the time - i do it myself sometimes if i want the big blind price to change any thoughts

Comments

• KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Taking your time:
    was playing a deep stack tonight and it got quite heated between 2 players about one letting the time almost run out every hand regardless of their choice of call raise or fold. one player said they pay their money they do what they like, the other saying the game had become boring i dont mind personally what people do but i admit i get frustrated wating all the time - i do it myself sometimes if i want the big blind price to change any thoughts
    Posted by loonytoons
    Exactly right, it's a good tactic to put quick players (such as myself) off their game.
  • chelschels Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    agreed, if the person pays there money they can do what they like, i am a quick agressive player but now and again i will click the x in the corner and let the red timer which lasts about 20 seconds run down quite a bit if i think its gonna help me cool down after a bad beat or something similar
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Taking your time:
    Posted by loonytoons
    HI, NOTHING WRONG WITH IT... IT MORE OCCURS AS PLAYERS ARE APPROACHING THE BUBBLE..AND ARE HOPING TO CASH... IVE USED THIS TACTIC MANY TIMES ONLY WHEN SHORT STACKED HOWEVER, AND VIEW THE OTHER TABLE(S) TO SEE IF ANYONE IS ALL IN...AND LIKE U SAY... LOOK AT THE CLOCK AND THE DYANAMICS OF THE TABLE ETC TO MAXIMUM EFFECT... ALSO PUTTING ANOTHER ANGLE ON IT... IF U SPOT ONE OR TWO PLAYERS DOING THIS WHO ARE SHORTY TO MEDIUM.. ATTACK THEM... REGARDLESS..AS THEY WANT TO CASH.. BUT YOU WANT TO WIN! GL AT THE TABS JIM ;-)