You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

GET RID OF BOUNTY HUNTER TOURNYS?

THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I prefer the main 9pm tourny to be a normal poker tournament and not in Bounty hunter format.

What is your preference?

Comments

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    The point of them is to keep the fish happy, a couple of times a week they actually have a chance of getting some kind of return on their buy in.

They are excellent for the site in general
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009
    hi
    ive voted no because although i dont play them, i think there is a good mix of tournament s now.
    col
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    Please get rid of them as a monthly Primo tournament as they're just an embarrasment.
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009

I agree - personally, I avoid em like the plague!
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2009
    I DONT LIKE THEM BUT THEY ARE POPULAR AND THEY GET A LOT OF ENTRYS TO THEIR SATTELITTES SO I DONT THINK THEY WILL BE GOING AWAY WHILE THEY ARE BEING SUPPORTED BY HIGH ENTRY NUMBERS
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited August 2009
    not a fan of the bounty hunters at all but each to their own
  • TimboboTimbobo Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2009

If you don't like them, don't play them.
    They add variety and if I wasn't broke I would give them a whirl.

• SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    I prefer NORMAL tourneys, with 10 MINUTE BLINDS..
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    Hi,
    Bounty Hunters are good for the reason you can still profit if you finish 100th, for example, if you take enough bounties.
    If you finish 100th in the normal open, for example, you get nothing.
    Bounties are like a prize for taking out another player; you get rewarded for knocking someone out. I like that.
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009
    In Response to GET RID OF BOUNTY HUNTER TOURNYS?:
    I prefer the main 9pm tourny to be a normal poker tournament and not in Bounty hunter format. What is your preference?
    Posted by THESWISS
    i dont really like the bounty hunters,so i only play them when they are the 9pm game,i dont think they should get rid of them altogether just move them from the 9pm slot..
    on the plus side i won the 15k bounty,and they stop you(the swiss) from winning the 9pm so often lol

cheers dave
  • THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited August 2009
    Interesting. Thanks for all your thoughts and votes.

I don't mind them when the buy in is more than £10 as otherwise first prize is only £600. £17 BH's and above at least have a first prize of more than a £1000.

• djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited August 2009
    got to be honest , have nt had much success in BH tourneys but, a lot of people like them,so i think they should stay from a community view.....

a lot of people enjoy taking my bounty lol....

regards
    toby
  • swiperswiper Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2009
    I DONT LIKE THE BOUNTY HUNTERS MUCH EITHER WOULDNT GET RID OF ALTOGETHER THOUGH AS ALOT OF PLAYERS LIKE THEM JUST WOULD RATHER A £30 OR£40 FREEZOUT AT 9 INSTEAD FOR THE PURER POKER ALSO A TELE TOUNIE STARTING AT 8 WITH 12 MIN BLINDS WOULD BE BETTER JUST PICK THE ACTION UP ON THE SHOW AT 9

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    Yes get rid of them, they may be good for the site, but if there were none there, these ppl wouldnt refuse to play poker, they would play conventional tourneys.

While your at it, get rid of DYM`s, they are a joke.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2009
    a lot of people like bounty hunters---come on now peeps--where would we be with no NUTTERS-----LOL