You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Colllusion, who to contact and how its dealt with.

Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

Being very new to this site, I have been unfortnate enough to run into 2 seperate attempts at blatant collusion recently.

The first was very marginal but none the less should have been deemed cheating. I was playing a low level DYM and on the cash bubble, being short stacked i pushed from under the gun with my rag king. The big blind typed in before anyone else had acted 'Help, Ive got 5 2!' to try and entice calls from the button and small blind. Now i understand that yes it is common acceptable practice to quietly check down a player afterwards but to declare cards to get a caller, i believe is unacceptable. I told the player of this and had much abuse back.

The second was much more serious.....

During the course of the game, 2 people had been chatting pretty much throughout regarding the game etc. Again we reached  the cash bubble and one of the 2 'pals' had 6000 chips and the other had a similar amount to myself and the other remaining player (2000). Out of the blue the big stack turned to his 'pal' and said 'i will give you 1000 chips to put you above these 2'.  I told him i would report him for collusion and was promtly told to shut up.
Low and behold, the next time they were both in the blinds he promptly raised by 960 and asked the smaller stack to reraise so he could fold. Again i made warnings about this and in fairness the smaller stack refused his 'kind' offer agreeing it was cheating. Ultimately the smaller stacked pal went out on the cash bubble due to his honesty. The big stack then tried to justify his 'mistake' by saying he was new to the site.

Now i know collusion can be difficult to detect but these were both blatant attempts using the chat box which anyone can see during the course of the game.

Like i said, being new, i have no idea how to report such things and would be nice to know where this matter needs to go to and also if anyone else has similar stories or encounters...

Comments

• Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    Contact Sky support via the 'live' chat or email them.
    If true the above is unacceptable.

They will have a transcript of chat.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited August 2009
    Hi Hale,

Firstly a warm welcome to you from all of the Sky Poker Team!

Any suspicion of foul play or collusion should be raised with our Customer Care Team via telephone on 08000 724 777; live chat (found on the left hand side of the homepage) or via email at help@skypoker.com, who will then pass the query on to our dedicated security team to investigate.

Collusion is not tolerated on Sky Poker and both of the incidents which you have described require a full investigation by our security team, so please contact us via any of the above channels.

At Sky Poker we encourage all of our players to raise any concerns they may have and can offer you our assurance that each of them will receive a full investigation.

I'm closing this thread now as this is an issue to be handled by customer care and the security team.

Best Wishes

Adam