You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The New Toys are ready! - Hurrah!

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hello everyone,

ok, guys so i've been pushing hard to get these changes through for a looooong time now.... and i'm so pleased to announce that we have all the new functionality i've been banging on about for ages!

i'll try and give you a quick 'how to guide' but if i miss anything or you are still confused just shout up and i'll do my best to help you out.

ok so the first super dooper new play thing is...

Private messaging

to access this go to your profile area by clicking on 'My Profile' link. now click on 'inbox' and you will see a 'shiney' new area you wont have seen before. here you can look at your friends list and send any of them a private message.
another way to do it is to click on someone else's profile and then click on the blue box that say 'send private message' this will then automatically take you to the private messaging area.

yet another way to send someone a private message is when you are reading forum posts to click on the option to 'contact .....[name]' this will again automatically take you to the PM area.

we know that you might not want to get private messages from everyone, so i way to do this is to make sure you click 'ignore' against the people who you don't want the messages from. if you do this all their messages will go to a special 'ignored' folder and you can choose either to read them or as the case may be NOT!

our next toy is... Search for Friends

to get here you can either go to the private messaging area (the same way as i have just described) then click on 'contacts' , then you will see the option to 'find someone'. just type in the players name you want to find and ... BANG... you can get to their profile! cool eh!?

another way to do it is to go to your profile area (again by clicking on 'my profile') then clicking on ' your contacts' - this will take you directly to the search area.

the last cool little feature that i'm going to tell you about is the option to subscribe to a forum thread for email alerts. Got a burning question? don't want to keep checking back to see if there's a reply... then subscribe to the thread and we'll tell you when there has been a new post by emailing you directly.

to get this wonderful stuff just go into any of the threads you're interested in and click on the big blue button at the top that reads 'subscribe'. this way you'll never miss the action

as always guys, if you have any questions just shout but most of all go forth and enjoy!!

Comments

• daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited August 2009
    Sounds great, Rich.

I haven't set up my profile yet and can't fuind "My Profile" - could you point me in the right direction? apoligies if this is starring me in the face but I have looked!
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: The New Toys are ready! - Hurrah!:
    Sounds great, Rich. I haven't set up my profile yet and can't fuind "My Profile" - could you point me in the right direction? apoligies if this is starring me in the face but I have looked!
    Posted by daveydavey
    your "my profile" should be at the top of this page mate..next to my account free bets etc
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Davey - right at the top of your page, left hand side where it says ' my account'.  Simply look across to the right of that and 'my profile' is at the end (kinda at the bottom left hand corner of the 'Sky Bet tab')
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Daveyzz - I seem to remember you from the scary tables. Do you play them?
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    you can either click on your profile image that displays next to this post or click on the 'my profile' link in the top bar, it sits next to 'Withdraw Funds' and 'Free Bets'. it's also pretty close to the log out button, and where you can see your alias.

hope that helps!

edited August 2009
    Thanks guys, mug shot awaiting approval..
    edited August 2009
    approved!
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    Hi Rich, 

I assume one of the new toys it also the "Subscribe" button at the top of each thread, which has replaced the old "Watch this Thread" link which used to place a link to the thread under my profile.  However I have subscribed to a couple of the treads today but apart from changing the link to "Unsubscribe" nothing else is happening. Should it be showing up under the watch list in my profile or somewhere else?

Steve (Kiwini4u)
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009

Woo hoo get in there, had a shufty, neat work nice one Rich.

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    In off the red...!

• wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited August 2009
    Hi,
    Thanks for the information, I have updated my profile, but having a problem trying to upload a photo, any suggestions?
  • 1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    this f ucking poker site is fixed
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2009
    hi rich--any chance you could get this gliche sorted--when i try to edit one of my posts, i click on edit post, but it goes to a blank page, so i have to write the whole thing out again, then post it, then delete the original post---what a palava!
  • Sky_mod3Sky_mod3 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    Hi, Thanks for the information, I have updated my profile, but having a problem trying to upload a photo, any suggestions?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hi,

I see you already have a profile photo uploaded, should you wish to change the photo go to my profile, click on the insert picture option (to the right of font size).

Please note all photo's needs to be approved before it is displayed on the forum.
  • Sky_mod3Sky_mod3 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    hi rich--any chance you could get this gliche sorted--when i try to edit one of my posts, i click on edit post, but it goes to a blank page, so i have to write the whole thing out again, then post it, then delete the original post---what a palava!
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi

I have checked the edit functionality  and it works. Try to clear your cache, clear your temporary internet files and your web browser.

I hope that works.

edited August 2009
    Hi Rich,  I assume one of the new toys it also the "Subscribe" button at the top of each thread, which has replaced the old "Watch this Thread" link which used to place a link to the thread under my profile.  However I have subscribed to a couple of the treads today but apart from changing the link to "Unsubscribe" nothing else is happening. Should it be showing up under the watch list in my profile or somewhere else? Steve (Kiwini4u)
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    hey if you check my original post in this thread i have briefly described the 'subscribe' button. when you subscribe to threads you will receive an email alert every time a new post is added. in the email there will also be a link straight to the tread. i hope this helps you out?

any other questions just give me a shout.

all the best,

Rich
  • FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited August 2009
    Any news on the Omaha situation ?

I just fancy another way to lose some  cash :)
    edited August 2009

Any news on the Omaha situation ? I just fancy another way to lose some  cash :)
    Posted by FBS
    Hey FBS,

i'll chat to the poker guys when they're back in the office and see if i can get you an update next week.

Rich
  • FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited August 2009
    WOW...

thanks for the quick reply

edited August 2009
    WOW... thanks for the quick reply
    Posted by FBS

No probs.... i have sent you a private message with the official word from the poker team. for everyone else interested here it is

"Omaha is in the very early stages of development – can’t provide any accurate release date at this stage I’m afraid but it is being done"

thanks

(ps. the poker team will soon be posting an update of everyone's suggestions in the forum and what stage of development they are)