You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

BRM & Funding Question.... sorry if it’s a bit long....

FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

OK, so I think I have an understanding of the basics of BRM,

SnG/ MTT buy in should be no more than 5 – 10% of BR

Cash games buy in approx 10% of BR max .

If I am right then to play a £5 SnG BR should be at least £50 preferably £100

And to join a 5p – 10p cash game with max buy in of £10 BR should be £100

Moving up...  to play £22 SnG/ MTT such as the Five OO then you should have a BR of £220 and to play the 50p - £1.00 cash game it should be £1,000.

Assuming I have got that bit right, here is the question....

What do you count as your BANKROLL ?

Is it the amount held in your Sky poker account at any given time ? or do you have a “kitty “ held elsewhere to top up with in case of a bad downswing?

My Sky balance as such is pretty low just now which limits me to £5 buy ins at most, however the reason I am asking this question is that I realised the other day that I don’t have a Bankroll as such for my live games, any time I play live the buy in comes out of what I regard as my “ Entertainment “ fund for the month which allows me to be far more flexible in my choice of games, for example I could easily justify  tomorrows £25 buy in at my local club as I class it as a night out with a chance of a return, whereas I don’t even consider the Five 00 at £22 as it is too dear for my BR....

I have made the decision that from now on any live winnings will be put into my on line BR to try to build that up rather than just spending the extra cash on every day things, so hopefully my BR may well increase considerably over the next few months and this question will not be so much of an issue for me...

So, What constitutes your Bankroll ? ... Amounts don’t matter, just how do you define it?

Comments

• DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    Personally this month I have stuck to 5% for SnG/MTT and 2% cash.

Started with £50 at the beginning of the month and now on £170. The % is based on my current BR, I don't top it up.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to BRM & Funding Question.... sorry if it’s a bit long....:
      OK, so I think I have an understanding of the basics of BRM, SnG/ MTT buy in should be no more than 5 – 10% of BR Cash games buy in approx 10% of BR max . If I am right then to play a £5 SnG BR should be at least £50 preferably £100 And to join a 5p – 10p cash game with max buy in of £10 BR should be £100 Moving up...   to play £22 SnG/ MTT such as the Five OO then you should have a BR of £220 and to play the 50p - £1.00 cash game it should be £1,000. Assuming I have got that bit right, here is the question.... What do you count as your BANKROLL ? Is it the amount held in your Sky poker account at any given time ? or do you have a “kitty “ held elsewhere to top up with in case of a bad downswing? My Sky balance as such is pretty low just now which limits me to £5 buy ins at most, however the reason I am asking this question is that I realised the other day that I don’t have a Bankroll as such for my live games, any time I play live the buy in comes out of what I regard as my “ Entertainment “ fund for the month which allows me to be far more flexible in my choice of games, for example I could easily justify   tomorrows £25 buy in at my local club as I class it as a night out with a chance of a return, whereas I don’t even consider the Five 00 at £22 as it is too dear for my BR....   I have made the decision that from now on any live winnings will be put into my on line BR to try to build that up rather than just spending the extra cash on every day things, so hopefully my BR may well increase considerably over the next few months and this question will not be so much of an issue for me... So, What constitutes your Bankroll ? ... Amounts don’t matter, just how do you define it?
    Posted by FBS
    Hi

Your bankroll is as you thought, what is held in your account the amount you basically have to play with, however most people thnk that BR management to be 2-5% of thier bankroll, but it is also what you feel comfortable with, obviously the worst thing would be to play outside you limits and then start worrying about your play.

Hope this helps you go on to greater things and good luck