You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 29TH AUGUST

Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Everyone,

Richard Orford and Tony 'Tikay' Kendall are live in the studio tonight from 9pm. They'll be review all the action from The £7,000 guaranteed Open tournament, as well as the 10pm Velocity and Cash Hands.

They will also be reading out all your emails and forum posts. All of these will be drawn from a hat at the end of the show where one lucky viewer will take home "Advanced Poker: Rules, Skills, Tactics and Strategic Play".

Good luck tonight and make sure you tune in,

Andy

Comments

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Would you believe it, 4 wins out of 4 in the league!! Loving the fact that other teams are now parking the bus  when playing the MIGHTY SPURS. 

On the strategy section of the forum there's a hand I have posted - where I folded AK - which is getting feedback - some agreeing with me and others not.  I'm now thinking I probably should have called and taken the coin flip. Would it be possible to get you 2 guys views on it and what you would have done? 

I love the fact that even after 5 years of playing, I am still learning. That's what makes poker such a great game!

Cheers.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of a 4 day enforced absence from the Community due to my APAT committments up at DTD in Nottingham at the APAT World Amateur Championships, interrupted only by a dash down to London for tonight's Show.

So I'm hoping for plenty of e-Mails & interaction, as I'm  missing this place, & you guys.

After the Show, it's back up the M1 to Nottingham, in readiness for Sunday at DTD, where I'm looking forward to a great Final from the APAT boys, & also we'll be recording In-Poker there.

Sadly, my partner both tonight & tomorrow is Orford. Into each life, a little rain must fall, eh?

He's been a right diva today. Rejected 4 of the Shirts that Wardrobe gave him, rejected the trousers, rejected the Jacket.

"I'm a Pro TV Presenter, you know" he berated the poor wardrobe lady with. Just as well he told us that, we'd never have known.

Looking forward to the Show, & your e-Mails.

I'll be back on the Forum, & in the Deepies, on Monday.
  • daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited August 2009
    I'm currently in a £5 double your money trying to sattalite into this tournament. Had a horrific beat in the Five00 so hopefully I can get in and then maybe go deep...need to get going in this DYM first..
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 29TH AUGUST:
    Sadly, my partner both tonight & tomorrow is Orford. Into each life, a little rain must fall, eh? He's been a right diva today. Rejected 4 of the Shirts that Wardrobe gave him.
    Posted by Tikay10
    CORRECTION- I rejected the analyst the producer gave me...
  • Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2009
    Just to let Mr Orford know that if he continues to post such words on this thread he will recieve a chat ban on the live show.
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys, I'm in the middle of a 4 day enforced absence from the Community due to my APAT committments up at DTD in Nottingham at the APAT World Amateur Championships, interrupted only by a dash down to London for tonight's Show. So I'm hoping for plenty of e-Mails & interaction, as I'm  missing this place, & you guys. After the Show, it's back up the M1 to Nottingham, in readiness for Sunday at DTD, where I'm looking forward to a great Final from the APAT boys, & also we'll be recording In-Poker there. Sadly, my partner both tonight & tomorrow is Orford. Into each life, a little rain must fall, eh? He's been a right diva today. Rejected 4 of the Shirts that Wardrobe gave him, rejected the trousers, rejected the Jacket. "I'm a Pro TV Presenter, you know" he berated the poor wardrobe lady with. Just as well he told us that, we'd never have known. Looking forward to the Show, & your e-Mails. I'll be back on the Forum, & in the Deepies, on Monday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    I do hope that doesn't mean Rich is doing the show in his undies lol, i still have nightmares over YOUR late night strip in Vegas.
    I had a bit of mojo last night in the Orfordable deepie(came 2nd).
    When you say that luck evens its self out, your not wrong.
    3 handed the chip leader raised 4 times in a row on my BB so on the next occasion i pushed all in with A7 only to be called with A8(i hit runner runner straight).
    Heads up i have AK in BB, there was a big raise so i push(obviously) and get called by A2, he hits a 2 to win the tourney.
    Luck does even itself out but PLEASE poker gods not so quickly next time lol.

keep up the great work guys
    Col
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 29TH AUGUST : CORRECTION- I rejected the analyst the producer gave me...
    Posted by RichOrford
    Hi Rich
    A quick qestion mate.
    ARE YOU EVER GOING TO PLAY YOUR TOURNAMENT?
    hehehehe
    col
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys
    Right a serious question.
    How much do think you should play on instinct? or should you base your whole game around betting patterns and percentages?

love the work
    Col
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 29TH AUGUST : Hi Rich A quick qestion mate. ARE YOU EVER GOING TO PLAY YOUR TOURNAMENT? hehehehe col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi Col,

Actually I played the first ever Orfordable and I finished in a 'lofty' 111th position.

No wonder you've forgotten about it!
  • karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2009
    while i sitting here watching the program my husband suggested a caption for the photo is a thorn between two roses.
    Ps i did not say this tk
  • AnonemouseAnonemouse Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2009
    Nobody was quite sure how popular the sequel to "Rita, Sue and Bob too" would be, but it would certainly be an eye opener...
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited August 2009
    Got a good hand for you to show, table 11 at 21.27ish. JJ v JJ (folded) v AK v AK
    edited August 2009
    do you have the hand id Kevilfish
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Hi Andy

Heres a good hand:)

#187296966 (21:35 29/08/2009)

Thanks

Greg
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited August 2009
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Bring on the train noises Tikay!  Chooo Chooo
    edited August 2009
    Sorry Kev and Greg,

The hands are a little to far back in time for us to look at. Post them on the forum and we may be able to look at them during the week.
  • DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited August 2009
    This one has just happened - ouch 0187302856
    edited August 2009
    This one has just happened - ouch 0187302856
    Posted by Dingdell
    Hi DingDell,

We are playing this hand in the next few minutes...