You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

problem with install

major1962major1962 Member Posts: 178
edited December 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I keep getting a box pop up saying "network error", so i went to live chat, spoke to dorrianne p (sorry if spelled wrong)
she said i would receive an emaail,, which i havent, ive tried uninstalling and re-installing,, this hasnt made any difference.
Im a little frustrated as when i say to someone i will contact someone, i do just that, so where is my email? and why am i receiveing this error message?

Comments

• Sky_Mod4Sky_Mod4 Member Posts: 176
    edited November 2010
    Hi Major, sorry to hear you are having problems with the new install.   Unfortunately I dont have any knowledge of these things myself but have sent a message to Sky_Adam to see if he can look into it for you.  Sky Mod 4
  • major1962major1962 Member Posts: 178
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: problem with install:
    Hi Major, sorry to hear you are having problems with the new install.   Unfortunately I dont have any knowledge of these things myself but have sent a message to Sky_Adam to see if he can look into it for you.  Sky Mod 4
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    Thanks, received an email with the standard questions, username, alias, a note about the hand id, what time were you disconnected?? etc etc.
    A standard email isnt any good,, im answering questions that arent relevant!!
    Forgive my bluntness but to receive a standard email which has no relevance to my question is lazy and doesnt instill any confidence that you have a backroom staff to cope with queries/problems.
    Its a simple question for a non techie to ask,, and im sure a techie to answer!
    Why does it say "network error" when i click on the icon??
    I spoke to someone else who told me to delete my browser history,, didnt make sense to me but did it anyway and now i have to type in all my websites that i use regularly!! AND it hasnt made a scrap of difference, i still get the "network error" box come up. If thats the best your techie team can do then you need to get a new one!!
    I dont get upset very often but im anexpert in 1 field and i have nearly all the answers for that, but get str8 back to someone  if i havent the answers immediately, please have the courtesy to treat me the same,, as a person, not as a number in the queue
  • Sky_Mod4Sky_Mod4 Member Posts: 176
    edited November 2010
    Hi Major, sorry your still having problems.  As Adam hasn't responded I am guessing that he is off today and I am not 100% sure who covers his job when he is out of the office, and I know that he has been dealing with the new download enquiries.  If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow lunchtime please repost on here and i'll try and get someone else from the Tech team to help you. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful but i'm not very tech minded myself.

Sky Mod4
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: problem with install:
    In Response to Re: problem with install : Thanks, received an email with the standard questions, username, alias, a note about the hand id, what time were you disconnected?? etc etc. A standard email isnt any good,, im answering questions that arent relevant!! Forgive my bluntness but to receive a standard email which has no relevance to my question is lazy and doesnt instill any confidence that you have a backroom staff to cope with queries/problems. Its a simple question for a non techie to ask,, and im sure a techie to answer! Why does it say "network error" when i click on the icon?? I spoke to someone else who told me to delete my browser history,, didnt make sense to me but did it anyway and now i have to type in all my websites that i use regularly!! AND it hasnt made a scrap of difference, i still get the "network error" box come up. If thats the best your techie team can do then you need to get a new one!! I dont get upset very often but im anexpert in 1 field and i have nearly all the answers for that, but get str8 back to someone  if i havent the answers immediately, please have the courtesy to treat me the same,, as a person, not as a number in the queue
    Posted by major1962
    Hi Major,

I'm sorry you're not happy with the service you've received so far and I appreciate your frustration.

I've just sent you an email, i'll do everything I can to get this issue resolved for you.

Kind Regards

Adam