You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Download and linux

xcowmanxcowman Member Posts: 64
edited December 2010 in Community Help & Advice
After being assured by sky in different threads that the download client would work with linux , when i go to download it ,it tells me that you have to change your operating system to windows or mac to run the download .looks like i will just have to miss out on the program and carry on as i am till they sort it out

Comments

• Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2010
    Hi Cowman,

Yes i'm afraid we are only supporting Windows and Mac at this moment in time.

Initially the plan was to support linux, however there were a number of issues picked up in beta testing which we were not able to resolve in the short term. It's possible that we will support linux in the future although i couldn't give you any more info than that.

Apologies for the confusion

Regards

Adam
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited November 2010
    have u tried using it within 'WINE'?

• xcowmanxcowman Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2010
    i would try it with wine as i run poker stars through wine BUT  it wont let me download it cause i am not on one of the specified os
    is there any way you could let me try adam?
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Download and linux:
    i would try it with wine as i run poker stars through wine BUT  it wont let me download it cause i am not on one of the specified os is there any way you could let me try adam?
    Posted by xcowman

easy...install Windoze

nah i actually got a Dual-Boot, linux is fine playin Stars, but i use windoze to play on here and Tilt...dual boot is best imo
    edited December 2010
    thats fine but i dont agree with lining microsofts pockets when i dont have too
    free os free apps no virusus
    sky runs fine on java most of the time so will wait or see if i can get it to work with wine (not that i realy want to emulating microsoft  WHY )
  • TheAAcesTheAAces Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2010
    Hi Cowman, Yes i'm afraid we are only supporting Windows and Mac at this moment in time. Initially the plan was to support linux, however there were a number of issues picked up in beta testing which we were not able to resolve in the short term. It's possible that we will support linux in the future although i couldn't give you any more info than that. Apologies for the confusion Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Sky Adam,

Any times scales on when the new download will run on my Commodore 64, I'm really getting fed up of clocking Hunchback?
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2010
    i would try it with wine as i run poker stars through wine BUT  it wont let me download it cause i am not on one of the specified os is there any way you could let me try adam?
    Posted by xcowman
    As far as i am aware you should still be able to download the application from linux. Simply close the warning pop up (Click Ok or Cancel, i'm not 100% sure which) and then click on the download and install button.

All we are stating is that we don't officially support it, therefore we can't guarantee a great experience.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with this.

Sorry I can't be more helpful here

Kind Regards

Adam

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited December 2010
    In Response to re:
    thats fine but i dont agree with lining microsofts pockets when i dont have too free os free apps no virusus sky runs fine on java most of the time so will wait or see if i can get it to work with wine (not that i realy want to emulating microsoft  WHY )
    Posted by xcowman
    I heard that Dohhhhhh's computer works fine on wine
    edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Download and linux : As far as i am aware you should still be able to download the application from linux. Simply close the warning pop up (Click Ok or Cancel, i'm not 100% sure which) and then click on the download and install button. All we are stating is that we don't officially support it, therefore we can't guarantee a great experience. I'd be interested to know how you get on with this. Sorry I can't be more helpful here Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

tried allsorts cant get to the save or run option have installed adobe air (wich was made for linux lol) dont supose you could email me the download file?
     thanks chris