You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Does the download version allow you to analyse HH's?

KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
edited November 2010 in Community Help & Advice

If you use the download version can you store your hand histories on your hard drive?

This was a major shortfall with the web based client for me, so I hope it has been addressed in the new version.

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited November 2010
    Same as web version
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited November 2010
    The download just gives a different way to play rather than do anything else. All forum and community stuff is still through the web site. So anything you could do before you can still do and anything you couldn't you still cant etc. The main benefits are for multi tabling and general speed of use.
  • KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Does the download version allow you to analyse HH's?:
    The download just gives a different way to play rather than do anything else. All forum and community stuff is still through the web site. So anything you could do before you can still do and anything you couldn't you still cant etc. The main benefits are for multi tabling and general speed of use.
    Posted by beaneh
    Well I am struggling to find any advantages just now. I assumed the new version would allow you to resize the window for ease when multi-tabling, but it is exactly the same.

Perhaps the new version does not randomly hang up like the web version which I suppose is a plus. Are there improved versions in the pipeline which will bring Sky somewhere closer to what other sites offer?
    edited November 2010
    Not that I know of no because of many different reasons.

1) other sites aren't neccessarily happy with how theirs works in terms of how easy it is for outside sources to gain results/hh info.

2) sky aren't aiming at the same markets

3) sky dont have the monies or dev teams behind them that the big online sites do.

I have found the download version to be more reliable, quicker to use, easier to use the lobby, note taking whilst playing multiple tables is now doable, tables pop up with a better focus method than before. So again all the benefits are for multi tabling and ease of use.

Not quite sure what size you want to make the tables as the mini view works well for multi tabling, yes the big view is huuuuge but two choices is so much better than the one and only size choice that we had before !!
  • KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2010
    I could do the mini-view before, so really nothing has changed for me.

I need the HH's so I can do statistics on my preflop all-ins to make sure I am winning the correct proportion. I have found on one other site that I am winning so much less than expected that it makes me suspicious that cheating is going on. Until I can do such a similar check at Sky I will continue to only play freerolls and low level STT's with the winnings.
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Does the download version allow you to analyse HH's?:
    I could do the mini-view before, so really nothing has changed for me. I need the HH's so I can do statistics on my preflop all-ins to make sure I am winning the correct proportion. I have found on one other site that I am winning so much less than expected that it makes me suspicious that cheating is going on. Until I can do such a similar check at Sky I will continue to only play freerolls and low level STT's with the winnings.
    Posted by KingAlfred

It isn't rigged you just most likely cant get to a large enough sample size to get a valid value.

:)