You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

3rd perfect perfect of the day! im sick of these 1% suck outs

dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
dodgydaz Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £18.23
graham1941 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £6.84
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

rekopace Call   £0.10 £0.25 £4.36
SNOOPY616_ Raise   £0.50 £0.75 £7.25
meakin999 Fold        
dodgydaz Call   £0.45 £1.20 £17.78
graham1941 Fold        
rekopace Call   £0.40 £1.60 £3.96
Flop

• K
  • A

dodgydaz Check        
rekopace Check        
SNOOPY616_ Check        
Turn

dodgydaz Bet   £0.80 £2.40 £16.98
rekopace Call   £0.80 £3.20 £3.16
SNOOPY616_ Call   £0.80 £4.00 £6.45
River

dodgydaz Bet   £2.00 £6.00 £14.98
rekopace All-in   £3.16 £9.16 £0.00
SNOOPY616_ Call   £3.16 £12.32 £3.29
dodgydaz Call   £1.16 £13.48 £13.82
rekopace Show

SNOOPY616_ Muck
  • J
  • A

dodgydaz Muck
  • Q
  • J

rekopace Win Four 7s £12.81   £12.81

Comments

• Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009
    WOAH !!, that is well ugly, I could say maybe bet on flop but you had certain nuts so perfectly acceptible to check. Gettin runner- runner sevens is crazy, just very bad luck mate.
  • Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2009
    Yes unlucky, hardly 1% outer tho was he. After the 7 on the turn, he was only looking for a paired board (20% perhaps).

The biggest mistake was calling a 5 x bb raise with q j. Surely you must have had an idea you were behind preflop.

Checking was in my opinion an error too, the raiser could have quite easily had ace king and would have loved a free card to help hit his fh.
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited August 2009
    Very unlucky but give people free cards in this game and theres always a chance.
    edited August 2009
    Very unlucky but give people free cards in this game and theres always a chance.
  • Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 3rd perfect perfect of the day! im sick of these 1% suck outs:
    Posted by RickyVilla
    You can say that again. lol
    edited August 2009
    I quite agree, with a 5 x bb raise and 2 callers you would expect at least one ace out there so by betting you are getting extra value as there's a strong chance the ace would have called and no doubt the 7's would have folded. Better to win a small pot than lose a big one so they say.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    Hi dodgydaz

As far as I can see, you ran your JQ os into a pair of 7,s being a 48% underdog, yes the flop came 10.K,A giving you the straight, you then only raised 1 third of the pot against a player who is shortstacked giving that player 3 to 1 odds on the pot even with such a small chance of the outdraw, the player than hit his 7 on the turn, but you still only bet 1 3rd of the pot again, he then hits his quads so of course he goes all in.

Ok lets swap this round a little, what if the flop had gone 7,10,K then turn A and no 7 on the river?

Unfortunately this happens in poker, and will continue to happen wherever poker is played, beleive me you do get to a stage where you just ride it out sigh :)
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    Yes unlucky but...........
    personally, I wouldnt have called the 5X raise to start - what were the odds of you hitting the straight?
    As has been said before, I would have made a pot size bet after flop as it was very likely to have hit the raiser in some shape of form and you want to try and get some value of out the hand.

There are numerous accidents around the corner - runner runner flushes for example, so take the money while ahead!

These things happen VERY regularly both live and on the internet and 'suck outs' are one of things that you have to get used to if you want to become a long term winning player.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 3rd perfect perfect of the day! im sick of these 1% suck outs:
    Hi dodgydaz As far as I can see, you ran your JQ os into a pair of 7,s being a 48% underdog, yes the flop came 10.K,A giving you the straight, you then only raised 1 third of the pot against a player who is shortstacked giving that player 3 to 1 odds on the pot even with such a small chance of the outdraw, the player than hit his 7 on the turn, but you still only bet 1 3rd of the pot again, he then hits his quads so of course he goes all in. Ok lets swap this round a little, what if the flop had gone 7,10,K then turn A and no 7 on the river? Unfortunately this happens in poker, and will continue to happen wherever poker is played, beleive me you do get to a stage where you just ride it out sigh :)
    Posted by acebarry10

+1 sigh and move on what else can you do
  • NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited August 2009

I wouldn't of checked the flop, against 2 players I'm expecting at least 1 of them to have hit that flop, I'd of bet 3/4 of the pot. In all likeliness the guy with the sevens would of then folded.

You was unlucky but slow playing often leads to these situations.

• dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited August 2009
    i understand what you're daying about original call, but this guy was raising almost every hand same sized raise, and had shown a lot of junk hands.

Anyhow Im over it now. Just lol
    Cheers for the feedback guys
    edited August 2009
    i understand what you're daying about original call, but this guy was raising almost every hand same sized raise, and had shown a lot of junk hands. Anyhow Im over it now. Just lol Cheers for the feedback guys
    Posted by dodgydaz
    If a player disguises his hole cards by raising the same regardless then yes, your call would be more understandable. I can also to an extent understand the slow play on the flop so ultimately it was the nuts but the risk/reward factor does have a way of smacking us all in the face. Lost count of how many times i've slow played the nuts only to get outdrawn.
     Still every game is part of the learning process........