You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Making a living at NL50?

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
I read somewhere on this forum that you could make a living at NL50, is this true and is there anyone on here that does, if so, how many tables, hours a day, days a week etc do you need to play?

Comments

• MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Making a living at NL50?:
    I read somewhere on this forum that you could make a living at NL50, is this true and is there anyone on here that does, if so, how many tables, hours a day, days a week etc do you need to play?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    It may have been my comment.
    I'd say that it is quite possible to play single table for less than 8 hours a day (5 days a week) at NL50 and make more than £1K a month which it is quite possible to live on. Other people's definition of "a living" may vary!
    Multi-tablers could make significantly more than that.
  • daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited August 2009
    IMO making a living off NL50 doing 8 hours a day isn't going to be fun. We would all love to make a living off poker and play the game to pay the bills but to me grinding at that level is just feeding you ego in becoming a "pro" player. If you're going to go to the effort of playing 8 hours a day then I think you deserve a bit more than the rewards of 50NL.

• SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited August 2009
    Probably a very stupid question, but what is 50NL?
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Making a living at NL50?:
    Probably a very stupid question, but what is 50NL?
    Posted by SwansFC
    Not stupid at all.

It's the cash 25p/50p No Limit Hold 'Em game.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Whats your win-rate at 20nl sir?

I'd say you get about 60h/hr here on average so if you are 5 tabling thats 300h/hr x 8 = 2400h/day.

Plus on Sky there is that bonus scheme, it isn't great but it will add an extra few hundred/month.

It is possible, most of my income comes from poker (not just from this site tho).

And for about a year I was totally dependant on poker, with most of it coming from 50/100/200/300nl on this site.
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2009
    On another site 12 tabling fr it is about 8ptbb/100, but that new all in ev graph on pt3 shows it should be twice that so prob somewhere in between.

Not sure about on here as I have nothing recorded but would guess it is higher.

60h/hr surprises me, I thought it would be more than that due to 6 max and shorter thinking time.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Its hard to judge how many hands you get per hour tbf.

I don't think that Sky's own counter is accurate, as I just had a quick hour grind on 4 tables and all of them never went above 40/hr.

• kinghighKKkinghighKK Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2009
    I dont know about making a living but i think you can have a nice income from playing at those levels... i play 10/20 & 15/30 and have been known to make £150 on an 8hour day doing two tables at the same time.

On average though i think i probably make £30 - 40per table with the occasional bad days where i lose my stack and have to rebuy.

If your consistantly winning at the lower levels then it equals i nice bit of pocket money or money towards a nice holiday, if you want to earn a living then you have to play at the higher 1/2 level to make it worthwhile.