You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Congrats Pod1

GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi,

Many of the regular mtt players will know Pod1. He asked me a question on my blog that i thought would be better answered here as i don't have as much live experience as i do online.

Pod says  "i got my first big live event(ish) got to national finals of the nutspoker league in nov, and want some advice on playing in a live event on a bigger scale than a local pub league. regionals was 65 people, nationals will be about 200. please help"

The obvious things are things like observe the table and start slowly. But i'm hoping people may be able to specifically advise pod on this sort of comp. Also lets all wish him good luck!

Thanks in advance

Greg

Comments

• acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Yup

Go get em Pod1
  • SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2009
    good luck man, think a few things i'd insist on is not playing too many pots early on, play the cards and when you do pick up strong hands play them strongly as it's usually limpers galore in offline tournaments
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    Hi
    The best advice i can give you is play your own game, if it got you there then it cant be to bad.
    Enjoy the experience.
    col
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009

I've never played live so I'll skip that bit, but very well done & good luck in the next leg!

Elliot

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Congrats Pod1:
    good luck man, think a few things i'd insist on is not playing too many pots early on, play the cards and when you do pick up strong hands play them strongly as it's usually limpers galore in offline tournaments
    Posted by SwansFC
     DEFINATLY.... Be the aggressive player when it comes to limpers, 3x BB raise with +1 for every limper... Most will fold to the raise and the 1's that call will noly hit flop 1 in 3 so a cont. bet is always advisable, they will give you a lot of respect because you were the preflop raiser. Very profitable way of playing but dont do it too much as they will soon start to slow play you
  • SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2009
    Hi The best advice i can give you is play your own game, if it got you there then it cant be to bad. Enjoy the experience. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    think this is the best advice, it got you there so play your way
  • Rubes375Rubes375 Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2009
    Anyone who beats you...call them an idiot from Northern Europe

Althernatively play really tricky and let people draw out on you and explode in rage.

Works for Hellmuth - and he has made loads of monies
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    Anyone who beats you...call them an idiot from Northern Europe Althernatively play really tricky and let people draw out on you and explode in rage. Works for Hellmuth - and he has made loads of monies
    Posted by Rubes375
    LOL

Don't call raises with Q10 ... "I had a set" ... "I know you did puddin"

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    Dont change what your doing, as the saying goes' If it's not broken, dont try and fix it"

glk benny