You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

table 4 of akind

golfman17golfman17 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
help all if four of a kind is on the table is it a split pot or does it go to the 5th card in a real money game???

Comments

• MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited September 2009

Highest 5th card wins

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Yes, only if a player has a card higher than the 5th card on the board do they win (I.E board is KKKKA then will be split pot) or if playerA had A2 and PlayerB has QJ and board is KKKK4 then PlayerA wins as his "5th" card is higher than the board and his opponents.

This is the same in all holdem games not just "real money games"
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    I read a story somewhere about two players involved in a pot and the board was KKKKA. Player A bet out on the river and Player B folded.
  • MrChukMrChuk Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: table 4 of akind:
    I read a story somewhere about two players involved in a pot and the board was KKKKA. Player A bet out on the river and Player B folded.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    It depends on the size of the pot and what the rake is like at the cash game you play whether this is a call or a fold.
  • inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
    edited September 2009
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Maybe it was an "Area 51" contributor who thought his opponent was holding the fifth King ????
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: table 4 of akind : It depends on the size of the pot and what the rake is like at the cash game you play whether this is a call or a fold.
    Posted by MrChuk
    I can understand what you mean chuck, but must of been a very small pot and a very large bet for him to lose more than he has put in over rake... i think rake is 5% of pot,surely he needs to have bet 20x over the pot before he is losing out.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    I think it was a live tournament and the person who folded said something like "you've got the ace haven't you?"

It was a bit of a bizarre story lol.

• MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: table 4 of akind : I can understand what you mean chuck, but must of been a very small pot and a very large bet for him to lose more than he has put in over rake... i think rake is 5% of pot,surely he needs to have bet 20x over the pot before he is losing out.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes, and personally I'd raise just to teach the other guy not to be an idiot.
    Also, rake is capped at a fixed amount on any sites that I know of - so it would be EXTREMELY unlikely that this could be a good fold.

I once played a satellite on SkyPoker with a KKKKx board and went ai with an ace in the hole. I got 3 callers - none of whom had an ace.
    edited September 2009
    I think it was a live tournament and the person who folded said something like "you've got the ace haven't you?" It was a bit of a bizarre story lol.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Was it the person in Vince's (merenovice) picture?
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: table 4 of akind : Was it the person in Vince's (merenovice) picture?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Unlikely, unless I've got a double out there - it wasn't me. :-)
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2009
    I have pot bet a board 0f T,J,Q,K,A (no flush possible) and villain has folded, on this site
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Whenever there are boards like KKKKA or even KKKK2 and you're holding the A just shove, there are some people out there who will fold or will call with a 2 thinking that their house plays.

In tournies this is so +EV in spots like broadway on the board, as some people will not be paying total attention and will fold.
    edited September 2009
    I have pot bet a board 0f T,J,Q,K,A (no flush possible) and villain has folded, on this site
    Posted by OMahonyO
     They were following tikays advise... "No fold is a bad fold"