You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

GETTING TIMED OUT

ek-scottek-scott Member Posts: 40
edited December 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Hi Guys.

I am getting timed out all the time and its very frustrating. It seems to happen when I am first to act after the big blind or when I get down to head to head. I can see the cards being dealt but I cannot place the bet. I can hear the bet time alarm thingy but no bet buttons are visible and then through no fault of my own I am forceably folded. I am being asked to bet but I cant as no bet buttons are visible.

This is particulary very frustrating when you are holding good cards then the flop comes and you realise you have the nuts, the pot is huge as everyone has bet big before flop and you then wait in antisipation to slow play everyone, I hear the first chime telling me its my turn, I then hear the second chime telling me my time is running out and then Im FOLDED, it does my head in. Even in the situation that Im first to act and want to bet, I cant, Im then forced to check and then the next player bets/raises and its back to me to call, I CANT LOL I AM TIMED OUT AND FORCED TO FOLD.

This happens with the downloaded Sky Poker Client.

Has anyone had this problem or heard of it before, It cant just be me can it.

SKY this has cost me lots and lots and lots. If its your buggy poker client software then a wee sweetner into my account would be good gesture. LOL aye right !!!

Its probably something my side but cant figure what. Comp is only 4 months old and can handle everything I can throw at it.

Someone please help.

Regards
Scotty

EDIT:  After speaking to many players on different tables, I am convinced this is a Sky Poker issue. Many many players have the same problem and are sick of it.They all have different internet connections and different spec computers. Sky are a huge company and you would think they would get their house in order. But Sky wont admit the problem is theirs. Many people have lost loads of money or seats into big tournies all because of this timed out network problem. Sky are aware of this issue.

Come on Sky sort it out please, players are sick of it and are leaving to go play on other sites.

Scott

EDIT 2

Seems to me that the Sky Poker Software doesnt run well on anyones computer, who are running AV, firewall, system mechanic etc. Sky Poker seems to want to hog all the computers resources.I have a good spec computer and its still causing problems. I find that if I disable my AV, Firewall and Battery Manager, I then find that I get very few time outs.

I have a good computer that can handle everything else in the world except Sky Poker. I know its not my computer, so that only leaves Sky.

Scotty

Comments

• Sky_Mod4Sky_Mod4 Member Posts: 176
    edited December 2010
    Hi Scott

If you are having a problem with the new download then the quickest way to get it resolved is to contact customer services.  Please see the thread
    here for details of information that they will require.

SkyMod 4
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited December 2010
    Hi Scott, are you using a mobile dongle for your connection, if so, I may be able to help