You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

In Case You Hadn't Noticed

dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Im playing like an idiot today. Cant seem to make one good decision. Please be gentle

Comments

• RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited September 2009
    Have a cup of tea and a ciggy.
  • fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited September 2009
    Just today? You should walk a mile in my shoes mate. lol
  • dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    lol - i just seem to be constatly bluffing into monsters, checking when i should be betting and calling when i should be folding. its like ive had a complete meltdown of my game whilst i was asleep
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    My account >>>> stop betting >>>>> cool off for 24 hours
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: In Case You Hadn't Noticed:
    lol - i just seem to be constatly bluffing into monsters, checking when i should be betting and calling when i should be folding. its like ive had a complete meltdown of my game whilst i was asleep
    Posted by dodgydaz
    play in the 16.15 deep stack--plenty of time there to get ya game together--only 2.20--relax--let the slider go down b4 you make decisions--dont bluff unless you have told the right story with previous bets--make a bluff look right--not a massive overbet--save these for looking like a bluff when you got the cards---gl
    edited September 2009
    cheers 4 the advice nutter, got a live game in a bit so wont have time 2 play that one. i have slowed right down tho and only playing premium hands. will report back on whether im still a poker numpty or not
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009

Glk Dez, Yes it happens to us all sometimes , it's called          "TIMING" !!
    edited September 2009
    ok so after a cuppa, a smoke and a bit of patience got a 3rd on the 100 gtee then went to live game and came second (shoulda won got my money in in front 4 times in a row and lost every time) was running well in velocity all in with AQ called by KQ, im no longer in so i guess i dont need to say waht happened. darn them poker gods!!!
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited September 2009
    ok so after a cuppa, a smoke and a bit of patience got a 3rd on the 100 gtee then went to live game and came second (shoulda won got my money in in front 4 times in a row and lost every time) was running well in velocity all in with AQ called by KQ, im no longer in so i guess i dont need to say waht happened. darn them poker gods!!!
    Posted by dodgydaz
    nice one daz--well done--looks like you're back on track now--patience is often underestimated as a tool--a lot of players run out of it too early and shove because they feel they have too--one good example i saw the other day--a player had around a third of the average stack(about 12 big blinds)--he shoved with k-q os--got called by a slightly smaller stack and ended up with only 2 big blinds---very next hand he was dealt aces!!--hard way to learn but i'd say he'll be more patient next time hes in that position----well done again--gl at d tables
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: In Case You Hadn't Noticed : nice one daz--well done--looks like you're back on track now--patience is often underestimated as a tool--a lot of players run out of it too early and shove because they feel they have too--one good example i saw the other day--a player had around a third of the average stack(about 12 big blinds)--he shoved with k-q os--got called by a slightly smaller stack and ended up with only 2 big blinds---very next hand he was dealt aces!!--hard way to learn but i'd say he'll be more patient next time hes in that position----well done again--gl at d tables
    Posted by oynutter
    I think you under-estimate KQ - it's the new nuts.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    I think you under-estimate KQ - it's the new nuts.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Yep, taken over from KP
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: In Case You Hadn't Noticed : Yep, taken over from KP
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol cheers guys for the advice, seem to be back on track now! took down the £1250 BH last night which was sweet, hoping for a repeat tonight in the 15k :)