You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Changes to the deepstack league***

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi All

Before the season gets properly underway I have decided to change how the format will work....

1st of all as the tournaments are getting so full now with over 100 runners even in the £11 buyin (which started off with 36) I am finding its spoiling my personal game trying to play 2 or 3 games and update as people go out. So what I am going to do is only give points to the top 50, that way their are equal points up for grabs in all tournaments... This then leads to another problem for me... If it is to run by average i still need to record everyone who goes out, outside of the top 50 so they show they have played, therefore defeating the whole idea of paying top 50...

So as this is now in divisions and there are only 2 or 3 buyins a week for each division (between about 9 and 14 games a month) I will do it on TOTAL POINTS...

Feel free to comment on this and if you are all saying the same thing I will do what the majority want. But for me recording sometimes up to 130 players positions is turning me into a losing poker player than a winning one :-)

Comments

• dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    Hi Flush

I think we all appreciate that this isnt an easy job for you. I am happy with whatever you decide m8 certainly if its affecting your game!
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    This seems fair enough. Also stops someone playing less games and having a higher average. Hopefully this will mean you can get back your 'A-game' and not take too much of your evening worrying about doing the leagues.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

Flash,

Check your PM's please.

You are doing as stunning job here - from all the Players, a big thank you.
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    Hi Flash,

I am happy with whatever decision you decide on the leagues.  Please don't let running  the leagues interfere with your game, i'd rather lose the leagues that see you losing money over it.

Steve
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    Hi Charles

This is the simplest way of doing it. total points is the way forward methinks.

Please also see the 22 deepstack premier league thread. I think this should probably run on total points too, although that league could work better on average as we are getting a consistant number of runners.

Many thanks

Greg
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited September 2009
    Charles- your contribution to this site is much appreciated by all. Everybody loves a good league and you've done some sterling work so far in organising it and maintaining it.

I'm on Play The Presenter tonight, so I've bought-in to the 7pm 10 seater deepstack. I have a feeling that's the game which will reiginite my campaign for SKy Poker greatness.

You refer to the season not yet being properly underway. When is the first game then in the proper league and will my victory (sorry, I mean appearance) in tonight's game count towards anything?
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Changes to the deepstack league***:
    Hi Charles This is the simplest way of doing it. total points is the way forward methinks. Please also see the 22 deepstack premier league thread. I think this should probably run on total points too, although that league could work better on average as we are getting a consistant number of runners. Many thanks Greg
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Greg, I'm still chuckling to myself that you alone voted for me to get a public flogging! LOL
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Charles- your contribution to this site is much appreciated by all. Everybody loves a good league and you've done some sterling work so far in organising it and maintaining it. I'm on Play The Presenter tonight, so I've bought-in to the 7pm 10 seater deepstack. I have a feeling that's the game which will reiginite my campaign for SKy Poker greatness. You refer to the season not yet being properly underway. When is the first game then in the proper league and will my victory (sorry, I mean appearance) in tonight's game count towards anything?
    Posted by RichOrford
     Well it did start on the 1st September (tuesday) but wat i ment by that was i didnt want to go changing it when we were half way through the season... the Championship and league 1 have had 1 tournament each, but the league 2 (3.30) is yet to start.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    Charles- your contribution to this site is much appreciated by all. Everybody loves a good league and you've done some sterling work so far in organising it and maintaining it. I'm on Play The Presenter tonight, so I've bought-in to the 7pm 10 seater deepstack. I have a feeling that's the game which will reiginite my campaign for SKy Poker hopelessness. You refer to the season not yet being properly underway. When is the first game then in the proper league and will my victory (sorry, I mean appearance) in tonight's game count towards anything?
    Posted by RichOrford
    FYP
    edited September 2009
    Flash, Check your PM's please. You are doing as stunning job here - from all the good Players...and me, a big thank you.
    Posted by Tikay10

FYP

Touche!
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Changes to the deepstack league*** : Greg, I'm still chuckling to myself that you alone voted for me to get a public flogging! LOL
    Posted by RichOrford
    Hehehehehe, Im going to ask for them to be amalgamated ;)

• DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2009
    Whatever you want Flash, all a bit of fun, and whatever makes it easier for you go with it.
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited September 2009
    I think average would be more ideal, but I can see that it is a pain in the arsenal to maintain so just go for the total points jobbie.