You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Massive tournie fishhhhhh

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Played 4 tournies today and all 4 of them I've gone out in stupid ways by just push push push.

Very frustating that I can't keep the tilt under control, I realise what the problem is tho cos I was playing the tournies on their own and I was tired so from now on I'm having cash tables up beside them to keep me happy.

Disappointing cos I really need to take down the 5-00 :(

But anyway who else is a fish and not ashamed to admit it?

Comments

• GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Massive tournie fishhhhhh:
    Played 4 tournies today and all 4 of them I've gone out in stupid ways by just push push push. Very frustating that I can't keep the tilt under control, I realise what the problem is tho cos I was playing the tournies on their own and I was tired so from now on I'm having cash tables up beside them to keep me happy. Disappointing cos I really need to take down the 5-00 :( But anyway who else is a fish and not ashamed to admit it?
    Posted by scotty77
    Scotty you are clearly not a fish because you do well at cash as i understand and you have a very good agressive game. You are the sort of player that i don't like to see at my table because i prefer to keep pots small if i can! You are also the sort of player who will strike hot in a big mtt soon and take it down because of your style of play. Keep persevering.. it will happen.

In mtts, aggression is very important, but targeted aggression and picking the right spots is essential and a difficult skill to master. I am still learning and developing my game in this respect every tournie i play.

Have fun at the tables m8 and good luck.

Greg

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    See thats it Greg, while I am still aggro at MTTs I do tone it down a bit but recently its just gone off the scale.

Like on the deepie earlier with you I had 9k TWICE in the first 30 mins and still only last like 45 mins in it, all cos I got into various pots that I had no need to be in

I think I'm kiinda on tilt from a lot of semi-deep finishes in the big tournies recently...in the past 2/3 weeks I would say I;ve been in top 30 on the big Sky tournies 4/5 times plus a few other decent runs on other sites....cashes that are nice to have but not the ones that I crave and I feel like I'm forcing it along.

The most annoying thing is is that I'm not ignorant of the fact of what I'm doing is wrong; I'm aware of it and have actually spent 1000s£ over the years on tools to make me aware yet for some strange reason when the tournies are running and I've got K9 its as if its 6 years ago and I'm on the play money tables :(
  • RESTORMELRESTORMEL Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Massive tournie fishhhhhh:
    See thats it Greg, while I am still aggro at MTTs I do tone it down a bit but recently its just gone off the scale. Like on the deepie earlier with you I had 9k TWICE in the first 30 mins and still only last like 45 mins in it, all cos I got into various pots that I had no need to be in I think I'm kiinda on tilt from a lot of semi-deep finishes in the big tournies recently...in the past 2/3 weeks I would say I;ve been in top 30 on the big Sky tournies 4/5 times plus a few other decent runs on other sites....cashes that are nice to have but not the ones that I crave and I feel like I'm forcing it along. The most annoying thing is is that I'm not ignorant of the fact of what I'm doing is wrong; I'm aware of it and have actually spent 1000s£ over the years on tools to make me aware yet for some strange reason when the tournies are running and I've got K9 its as if its 6 years ago and I'm on the play money tables :(
    Posted by scotty77
    If your getting deep with that frequency scotty then your day will come.  keep the faith, you know that the guys who win these tournies regularly are the guys who play aggressively - their skill is picking the right spots - and even then they still need a helping of luck and some handsome cards too. 

On the rare occasion I play a tourney, I try to imagine someone like Greg Raymer or Alan Cunningham  is sat behind me and I have to justify every play I make to them!  I dunno, it might just help curb that impulsive play that you know deep down you shouldnt make! 

All the best

Restormel
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited September 2009
    Scotty, you obviously know what's wrong. Tighten up for a while until you get your confidence back.
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited September 2009
    unlucky scotty,
    being tired does not help.
    and i am a bit of fish and don't mind admiting it.
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited September 2009
    Scotty - Maybe Sky Poker have fixed the software so that the bad boy of the forum doesn't win any more.  Had you thought of that?  had ya?

:-)
    edited September 2009
    Scotty - Maybe Sky Poker have fixed the software so that the bad boy of the forum doesn't win any more.  Had you thought of that?  had ya? :-)
    Posted by SoLack
    Yes, this is a serious concern seeing as Sky rigs it I've obviously been doomswitched.

Before I would get it all in PF with KJo vs KK and flop a straight :(

Yesterday I only flopped an open ended straight draw :(

I'm sorry Sky plz make me run good again, I won't cause any more trouble I promise.
    edited September 2009
    Well 3rd in the Open tonight, this is like my 7/8th final table on a big tournie and my 5th 3rd.

Was a great cash tho for the BI £630 return on £11, so obviously pleased with the BR boost.

From about last 20 to final table I had a lot of good hands, as soon as it got to final table time tho the best 2 I had were A5hh and 66, the rest was total rubbish and tbh I only managed to make 3rd because I started the FT as one of the chip leaders.

Overall a nice cash and many thanks to Greg for railing :)

I think I'll use this thread to comment on my tournie placings now so will keep it updated for thos interested....
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    Well i see that advice i gave ya worked !! (get it quietly)      :)  

Well  played tonight i saw some of the game  but had my own problems going on at the tables ......
     like a muppet i entered the 1000 freeroll at 7 00( doh)
    I was also entered for the Open (9 00)and the  2k semi-final (10 00) ...
     Now i dont multi table so at 8 55 i found myself chip leader, so i pulled out  of the Open.
    Anyway by 10 00  still chippie 107k, i though oh  OK i'll play the semi as well (2  tables open) ...Disaster struck  !! 
    The second table came up  , i went to mini-tables and then ... got Disconnected .. and computer froze ??  What !!

Well 10 .25 i got back and went straight  on tilt ......... two all in moves and went out of the freeroll
    cashing for 6 quid (marvelous) Then went out of the  2k semi in  8th  ..4 got a ticket ..
    So the morel of the story is ....
    I'm a muppet for playing the freeroll, just to have a game,  when i had  important games later in the evening !

well done tonight
    glk benny
    edited September 2009
    UL Benny, yeah I was in the FR too but couldn't be bothered around 600th place (I was about 20 in chips too so had a big stack) and just open shoved/called anything.

I think that I could offer you multi-tabling lessons sir, am able to play 12 tables at once on other sites so kind of a pro :)

Will you be entering the 2k deepie tomorrow?  I doubt any sats will run as they never do...but only 9 registered so far so the potential for some overlay there perhaps???
  • DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2009
    gj scotty. was watching (not playing due to wedding reception) last night. Not very many 'good' players on sky with the huge amount of crapshoot tournies, but you're one of the few with a poker brain. keep up the aggro early game, and maybe tweak it as you go deeper to stop busting out at crunch time. just don't change your winning formula.
    edited September 2009
    Honestly ... I cant do multi tabling ... i cant follow the  play on more than one,
    which i think is a big part of the game.

There should be 'Sit n Go's'  6 seaters going tomorrow, i'll see how things go through the day..

there will be around  20 runners by  off time !!
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    Well 3rd in the Open tonight, this is like my 7/8th final table on a big tournie and my 5th 3rd. Was a great cash tho for the BI £630 return on £11, so obviously pleased with the BR boost. From about last 20 to final table I had a lot of good hands, as soon as it got to final table time tho the best 2 I had were A5hh and 66, the rest was total rubbish and tbh I only managed to make 3rd because I started the FT as one of the chip leaders. Overall a nice cash and many thanks to Greg for railing :) I think I'll use this thread to comment on my tournie placings now so will keep it updated for thos interested....
    Posted by scotty77
    Your welcome Scotty, and WD. I'll rail anyone me, even the forum badboy lol:)

Told you a decent result was round the corner! I am mystic greg
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    Honestly ... I cant do multi tabling ... i cant follow the  play on more than one, which i think is a big part of the game. There should be 'Sit n Go's'  6 seaters going tomorrow, i'll see how things go through the day..   there will be around  20 runners by  off time !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    I see you have entered one, so I've entered the same one, too. So, just 4 more needed.

£22 to enter, a seat in tonighht's £110 Deepstack Showdown to the winner, runner-up gets their money back.

Any more for any more?
    edited September 2009
    I've posted a hand that Tikay said that I played 'UNUSUAL' in the poker strategy section.

I would appreciate your thoughts guys and how would you have played it?

Cheers.
    edited September 2009
    Came 5th in the deepie.

One awful, awful hand from me cost me cashing for min 440 and potential 1.1k for 1st.

So so stupid.

Oh well :D
    edited September 2009
    Unlucky  scotty  ...

You must be doing something right, your always there at the finish lately !!

Try playing one game at a time,  concentrate on the strategy as the bubble approaches.

Remember this .."Timing is everything" !!          :)  glk

benny
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    Advice!!!! play tight in deepstakes it aint a sprint ,the board flopped k67 then k then 6 and you called an all in with 10s any k any 6 js qs aces u where beat so tbh i found that a very very strange call,so sit tight and go in when u think u cant possibly be beat ,the torn takes over 4 hours not 20 mins..
  • tierceltiercel Member Posts: 325
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Massive tournie fishhhhhh:
    Played 4 tournies today and all 4 of them I've gone out in stupid ways by just push push push. Very frustating that I can't keep the tilt under control, I realise what the problem is tho cos I was playing the tournies on their own and I was tired so from now on I'm having cash tables up beside them to keep me happy. Disappointing cos I really need to take down the 5-00 :( But anyway who else is a fish and not ashamed to admit it?
    Posted by scotty77
    HI , When I meet aggressive players I let them push me off hands for a while then pick the moment to try and take them out. I fund when this succeeds the aggressive player is put on the back foot and are left not knowing when it is safe to be aggressive. I tend to throw games away whenI am aggressive . Ido better when I sit back and time my moves. I always have in the back of my mind the odds - 2-1 against hitting the flop and on a 6-seater 5 - 1 against you getting the guaranteed best hand. Agression for the sake of aggression is doomed .
    edited September 2009
    Ok I'm at HU in the 4kGTD bounty hunter.

I've got 300k chips, him 450k.

Run good one time plz cos its not about the money I just want to win a big tournie for once!!!

Oh and Greg where are you, I don't see you railing lol