You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Deepy Stickys

Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Hey everyone,

As (looks likely) we are going to have the Deepy Premier and Championship Leagues a permanent fixture on here for the foreseeable future. Would it not make sense to have them as permanent Threads? (stickys?) so then easy to find and Charlie can just edit it each time he wants to put up new leaderboards.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    Seems sensible to me if the software does 'sticky's'.
    Or does red pin mean 'sticky'?
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepy Stickys:
    Seems sensible to me if the software does 'sticky's'. Or does red pin mean 'sticky'?
    Posted by Huck_Nall
     Yes i think he means "red pin"

What i thought this thread was going to be was naming the deepstacks for the league.. I,E Chapionship deepstack rd 2 etc.. rather than channging the names each time... will get more people on the forums and playing in them
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Deepy Stickys:
    Hey everyone, As (looks likely) we are going to have the Deepy Premier and Championship Leagues a permanent fixture on here for the foreseeable future. Would it not make sense to have them as permanent Threads? (stickys?) so then easy to find and Charlie can just edit it each time he wants to put up new leaderboards. Any thoughts?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Well that's one for Sky-Rich, but I do want to put my 2 cents worth in first......

Sticky's are ONLY needed for Threads which would not otherwise get many Posts. The League Threads will get Posts every day.

Sticky's are only needed to prevent Threads "falling off" the Front Page. (Because whern Threads fall off the Front Page, they soon die).

Only Threads which NEED to be artificially "held" on the Front Page need to be Stickied. The League Threads will not need that help.

Finally.....

Every Sticky - & we have 4 or 5 already - effectively reduces the size of the Front Page. Meaning Threads fall off the Front Page faster. Meaning they die faster.

There used to be a Forum which had 10 or 12 Stickies, so the front page was very limited as to "Live" Threads. I say "used to" because that Forum died..........

A "Sticky" does not necessarily mean "IMPORTANT" or "INTERESTING"  - it means "This Threads needs artificial help to stay on the Front Page.

Innit.
  • dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Deepy Stickys : Well that's one for Sky-Rich, but I do want to put my 2 cents worth in first...... Sticky's are ONLY needed for Threads which don't get many Posts. The League Threads will get Posts every day. Sticky's are only needed to prevent Threads "falling off" the Front Page. (Because whern Threads fall off the Front Page, they soon die). Only Threads which NEED to be artificially "held" on the Front Page need to be Stickied. The League Threads will not need that help. Finally..... Every Sticky - & we have 4 or 5 already - effectively reduces the size of the Front Page. Meaning Threads fall off the Front Page faster. Meaning they die faster. There used to be a Forum which had 10 or 12 Stickies, so the front page was very limited as to "Live" Threads. I say "used to" because that Forum died.......... A "Sticky" does not necessarily mean "IMPORTANT" or "INTERESTING"  - it means "This Threads needs artificial help to stay on the Front Page. Innit.
    Posted by Tikay10
    word
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Deepy Stickys : Well that's one for Sky-Rich, but I do want to put my 2 cents worth in first...... Sticky's are ONLY needed for Threads which don't get many Posts. The League Threads will get Posts every day. Sticky's are only needed to prevent Threads "falling off" the Front Page. (Because whern Threads fall off the Front Page, they soon die). Only Threads which NEED to be artificially "held" on the Front Page need to be Stickied. The League Threads will not need that help. Finally..... Every Sticky - & we have 4 or 5 already - effectively reduces the size of the Front Page. Meaning Threads fall off the Front Page faster. Meaning they die faster. There used to be a Forum which had 10 or 12 Stickies, so the front page was very limited as to "Live" Threads. I say "used to" because that Forum died.......... A "Sticky" does not necessarily mean "IMPORTANT" or "INTERESTING"  - it means "This Threads needs artificial help to stay on the Front Page. Innit.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Gotcha! that makes sense :)

Maybe a league area all for itself in the future then if it proves popular.

Thanks for the reply TK - I know with your other head you are an expert/have lots of experience of forums.

keep it real blud lol
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepy Stickys :  Yes i think he means "red pin"  What i thought this thread was going to be was naming the deepstacks for the league.. I,E Chapionship deepstack rd 2 etc.. rather than channging the names each time... will get more people on the forums and playing in them
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Don't we already have the names?
    Prem
    Champ league 1-3?

If not, maybe we could do a name the leagues comp?
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepy Stickys : Don't we already have the names? Prem Champ league 1-3? If not, maybe we could do a name the leagues comp?
    Posted by Grimstar30
     What i ment was change the names of the ACTUAL TOURNAMENT to mirror the league :D
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepy Stickys :  What i ment was change the names of the ACTUAL TOURNAMENT to mirror the league :D
    Posted by FlashFlush
    ahhhh I seeeeeeeeee

We would have to put that to the vote! Would mean all the names - tikay sleepy, orfordable etc going.