You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

cant reshove the shover

jesusdog22jesusdog22 Member Posts: 348
edited December 2010 in Community Help & Advice
on the new download i have had a problem which has arose on 2 seperate occasions now , the first time i thought i was imagining it but now its happened twice i know my mind is not playing tricks on me!!!

i will make up the game situation as i forget but the problem is the same ....i raised in early position as a bullying big stack trying to pick up blinds..short stack goes all in and one of the blinds call him....ik have many more chips then the caller of the all in so want to re shove on him as pretty sure they will fold....but i cant the only option available to me is to call the bet  no reraise option is there, can someone please look into this

thanks

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2010

How short was the short stack?

If you open for 300 at 50/100, and the shorty shoves for 309, you can never re-shove when it gets back to you.......

Don't know what the figure is where it allows you to re-raise again though......
  • GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited December 2010
    As DOHHHHHHH says this is almost certainly down to standard betting rules and is not a download issue.
  • jesusdog22jesusdog22 Member Posts: 348
    edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: cant reshove the shover:
    As DOHHHHHHH says this is almost certainly down to standard betting rules and is not a download issue.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    the guy who shoved was very short had about 50 more then me but the guy who called the shove had about 1000 behind...thought i could shove all in on him????
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited December 2010
    If you raise 100 and the allin shove is a re-raise of less than the size you raised betting is closed when it comes back to you. the guy who cold calls in the middle could jam because he hasn't acted yet but the under raise forces your hand and you can only call or fold.
  • AyrGraemeAyrGraeme Member Posts: 271
    edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: cant reshove the shover:
    In Response to Re: cant reshove the shover : the guy who shoved was very short had about 50 more then me but the guy who called the shove had about 1000 behind...thought i could shove all in on him????
    Posted by jesusdog22
    If the guy who shoves all-in does not have enough to min raise it effectively counts as a call and not a raise, e.g. blinds are 50/100, you raise to 300 if he has less than 500 and goes all-in it is a call and you can only call (though the guy in between could raise if he wanted as he would be rasing your raise and not the all-in guy) - if the all-in guy has more 500+ then his all-in counts as a raise and you can raise back.

As said above it's betting rules and not a download problem