You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

furious at skybet,skypoker and skyvegas etc

chelschels Member Posts: 149
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat

Hello

just here to have a quick moan about my time here on skypoker, i joined up with skybet over 2 years ago after being recommended by a friend but i just need to ask them why have i never received any emails from them regarding all these promotions that thay are running over the last few years.

i read somewhere that skybet last year gave away over 4million in promotions and free bets, so i went to live chat and asked why in over 2 years have i never received a single email when i opted in to receive these offers?

i was told that i wasnt eligible for any of these offers, i find that absolutely horrible to be told that, so i have put a deposit limit on my account to £5 per week, i dont see why i should carry on losing my money on poker when getting nothing in return for my efforts like so many others do. I was talking to someone ona table the other day and he informed me that he had received a postcard through the post offering him a free £5 in poker chips, so i thought oh goody i will wait a few days and see if i recieve anything (wasnt holding my breath) but still nothing arrived.

on live chat they had no explanation as to why i havent received anything but they will inform me in the future of any offers (once again i wont be holding my breath)

over the last few years there have been so many poker freerolls that need passwords but i never got one but did get told that it was for certain people from a certain area and it would come around to me, now these freerolls are not even on anymore, think they were on a monday night called private £500 or somet similiar.

anyone else had the same expierience since signing up or is it just me ;-(

chels

Comments

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

hi  i got offered a free £5 bet if i bet £5 on footy so i bet the £5 but have not had the £5 free bet as for live chat tried it once to sort out a problem the guy didn't even bother reading it so i don't bother with them as nothing gets done at present i have no faith in customer care at all as far as i am concerned they are just another call centre who don't care

dtw
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    Hey Chels,

i'm really sorry to hear of your problems.

have you been to the 'my account area' at the top of your screen? go here then click on 'PIN and preferences' and make sure the box that says I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE OFFERS is un-ticked. also make sure your account information is correct (email address etc.)

one offer that you can definitely take advantage of is the community freeroll that happens every thursday at 7pm. check the lobby on a Thursday to see it. you don't need anything to enter this not even a poker point or password!

hopefully some of this might help you out.

all the best,

Rich
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    you can also enter some of the competitions we have in the community, like goals goals goals or the caption contest. both of these could win you a free tournament entry.
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    I think (not sure )  theres a free roll tonight  for you  at 7 00 (value 500quid)

look in the grey boxes at the top of the lobby .. There have bee lots of free rolls on this site.

AS  for free bets   i dont know about those, i'm not a gambler !!  what ?

glk benny
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    In Response to furious at skybet,skypoker and skyvegas etc:
    Hello just here to have a quick moan about my time here on skypoker, i joined up with skybet over 2 years ago after being recommended by a friend but i just need to ask them why have i never received any emails from them regarding all these promotions that thay are running over the last few years. i read somewhere that skybet last year gave away over 4million in promotions and free bets, so i went to live chat and asked why in over 2 years have i never received a single email when i opted in to receive these offers? i was told that i wasnt eligible for any of these offers, i find that absolutely horrible to be told that, so i have put a deposit limit on my account to £5 per week, i dont see why i should carry on losing my money on poker when getting nothing in return for my efforts like so many others do. I was talking to someone ona table the other day and he informed me that he had received a postcard through the post offering him a free £5 in poker chips, so i thought oh goody i will wait a few days and see if i recieve anything (wasnt holding my breath) but still nothing arrived. on live chat they had no explanation as to why i havent received anything but they will inform me in the future of any offers (once again i wont be holding my breath) over the last few years there have been so many poker freerolls that need passwords but i never got one but did get told that it was for certain people from a certain area and it would come around to me, now these freerolls are not even on anymore, think they were on a monday night called private £500 or somet similiar. anyone else had the same expierience since signing up or is it just me ;-( chels
    Posted by chels
     Come to my table, ill be very accomodating
  • TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited September 2009
    Im not amused now- after reading chels letter about freebies + sky riches reply about going to my account, pin+prefs
    I thought I will just check mine, + sky have somehow unkindly ticked my box for no freebies?? In the last couple of months, cos I know I was in dec-jan-feb+march points, cos I won a sky card guard+sky poker T shirt.So I think everyone should check that to make sure they havent been excluded from freebies. Oh + I did get a £5 free bet months ago.
  • chelschels Member Posts: 149
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: furious at skybet,skypoker and skyvegas etc:
    Hey Chels, i'm really sorry to hear of your problems. have you been to the 'my account area' at the top of your screen? go here then click on 'PIN and preferences' and make sure the box that says I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE OFFERS is un-ticked. also make sure your account information is correct (email address etc.) one offer that you can definitely take advantage of is the community freeroll that happens every thursday at 7pm. check the lobby on a Thursday to see it. you don't need anything to enter this not even a poker point or password! hopefully some of this might help you out. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    since the first day i joined i opted in to receive such offers skyrich, on live chat they could not offer a reason as to why i hadnt received any offers but promise me in the future i will get to know about these, and i also do play in the community freeroll but its very difficult with 1500 plus players, also i had a go on goals goals goals last week for the first time and it seems really good fun.

thanks for your time

chels
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Hi Rich - I would just like to say that for some reason the box for me to recive offers was ticked, and not by me, some months ago.

I feel that there might be an issue your end as this has happened to a couple of other people I know too.